- Chicago Mayor Lori Lightfoot has blasted her critics as sexist and racist in an interview with WTTW, a local PBS station
- Many of her critics say Lightfoot is soft on crime and hard to work with
- ‘Woman and people of color are always held to a different standard,’ Lightfoot said
- Lightfoot also addressed the backlash she faced after refusing to be interviewed by white journalists to mark her two-year anniversary
- She accused media companies like the Chicago Tribune as not being diverse enough to represent the city
- So far in 2021, shootings have gone up by 12percent compared to the same period last year, with 1,489 incidents this year and 1,333 in 2020
Chicago Mayor Lori Lightfoot has blasted her critics as sexist and racist – just six weeks after she sparked fury by refusing to be interviewed by white journalists.
Her comments came in an interview with WTTW, a local PBS station, when she was discussing the city’s recent spike in violence as well as critiques of her approach to handling it.
Phil Ponce, of WTTW, said, ‘In recent months, there have been questions raised about your temperament and your reaction to criticism – a (Chicago) Tribune editorial used the term irascible – how much of this do you think might have to do with the fact that you’re a woman and specifically a black woman?’
In response, Lightfoot said, ‘99percent of it.’
- America’s Future is Not So Bleak as You May Be Inclined to Believe
- The Great Currency Crisis of Our Lifetimes Is Starting Now
- From October 1, German streets will be patrolled by the military to prevent riots
- The Truth About the Criminal Sabotage of the Nordstream 1 and 2 Pipelines
- Fired up and blasting the NWO: Italy’s new Prime Minister Giorgia Meloni sums it up perfectly. No wonder the elites and establishment don’t want her to succeed.
- Drunk driving could soon be impossible thanks to new, mandated intrusive computer chips in cars
- The USDA Wants You To Register Your Garden
- A Major Country is Imploding…
- Alleged Neo-Nazi Kills 15 Including 11 Children in School Shooting
- Credit Crunch Has Arrived To The UK – No One Wants To Invest In A Collapsing Economy!