China warned the United States on Saturday against advancing the Taiwan Policy Act of 2022, a bill that was introduced on Friday to overhaul U.S. policy toward Taiwan, which includes providing enhanced military assistance.
The Global Times, a Chinese-based tabloid, published an editorial Saturday calling the policy “abusive” and “dangerous,” as it warned against its impact on U.S.-China ties.
The bill was sponsored by Democrat Senator Bob Menendez, who is also chairman of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, and Republican Senator Lindsey Graham, who both said in a statement that it would be the most comprehensive restructuring of U.S. policy toward the island nation since the Taiwan Relations Act of 1979.
The Taiwan Policy Act of 2022 aims to strengthen U.S. ties with Taiwan and help the country protect itself against any potential aggression from China. The bill includes a provision that would provide $4.5 billion in military aid to Taiwan over the next four years, and designate the island as a “major non-NATO ally” (MNNA).
- Never in history have we had all three issues happening at once…
- Janet Yellen Just Poured Lighter Fluid On Every Small Bank In America
- Here is a detailed list of privacy oriented Search Engines I’ve found that won’t leave information conveniently under the rug
- 2023: A Year When Everything Is Suddenly Breaking Loose All At Once
- Just wow! Elon is losing it bigly.
- Scott Adams: “It’s Going TOO FAR; I’m DANGEROUS Now; I’m Going to HATE You; White Men Are F…ING DONE” (GRAPHIC)
- 186 More Banks “Are At Risk Of Failure”, And That Could Push Us Into The Next Great Depression
- The Great Financial Collapse of 2023. Comparison of Bear Stearns’ collapse in March 2008 and Credit Suisse in March 2023.
- WTF is up with Boot Club & Blackeyes?
- Ellen Brown: The Looming Quadrillion Dollar Derivatives Tsunami