City officials help teen start business instead of shutting down hot dog stand
When the city received the complaint a few weeks ago, the Minneapolis Department of Health started making calls to help him.
“When I realized what it was, I said, ‘No, we’re not going to just go and shut him down’ like we would an unlicensed vendor,” Minneapolis Environmental Health Director Dan Huff said. “We can help him get the permit. Let’s make this a positive thing and help him become a business owner.”
Health inspectors trained him
On Monday with a permit in hand, Jaequan reopened his stand, Mr. Faulkner’s Old-Fashioned Hot Dogs.
“The health inspectors all pitched in and helped him get his permit,” Huff said. “We worked with him to make sure he was following all of the health codes.”
A health inspector spent time training Jaequan on how to take the temperature of the hot dogs so they’re above 140 degrees and brought him a thermometer and a hand-washing station, he added.
The city’s department of health contacted the Northside Economic Opportunity Network, a nonprofit that works to empower “underserved entrepreneurs” in the community. Together, the city and NEON worked with Jaequan to help him set up a legit operation.
NEON worked with Jaequan to explain how to start a business, whether it was getting a temporary food permit or a license further down the road. The nonprofit also started a Facebook page for the business on Monday.
h/t Digital mix guy
- Here Is Why 37 Percent Of U.S. Farmers In The Western Half Of The Country Are Killing Their Own Crops
- IT’S HAPPENING! MULTIPLE COVID19 LAWSUITS AND WINS.
- Fully Vaccinated Mike Tyson, says he was beaten into submission taking covid vaccine says he’s about to die now in wheelchair
- The Curious Case of Adam Bies Who Was Arrested for Threatening the FEDs After Posting on GAB
- Crime is exploding everywhere. Fake solutions abound
- AN AUTUMN WITH EPIC COLLAPSES OF STOCKS, DEBT, CURRENCIES, MUCH HIGHER INFLATION – LEADING TO POVERTY & SOCIAL UNREST
- The Chinese economy is experiencing a near-complete collapse…
- Pfizer is Funding Facebooks Fact-Checking Partner.
- Too Little, Too Late, Countless People Already Died a Horrible Death!
- Video: Women Tie Themselves in Knots While Attempting to Define “Woman”