There IS a deep state says Comey: Fired FBI director says Trump is RIGHT – but ‘unchangeable’ FBI, CIA and military love American values and are NOT trying to bring down ‘elected leadership’
- James Comey kicked off his nationwide book tour to promote his memoir, ‘A Higher Loyalty’, which sharply criticizes Donald Trump, in New York Wednesday
- Comey was met with protests at the store from pro and anti-Trump protesters
- He told the crowd that there is a deep state working toward what they see as the interests of the United States
- He said it’s a ‘collection of people, CIA, NSA, FBI in the United State military services who care passionately about getting it right’
- Comey continued his attacks on Trump, saying ‘lying has become so normal’
James Comey has admitted that there is a deep state but claimed that it was actually a ‘deep ballast’ against corruption.
The fired FBI director said there is a group of people in law enforcement, intelligence and the military who work for what they see as the interests of America.
Comey described the group as ‘unchangeable’ and said no single president could change them because they are so embedded in the bureaucracy.
He said the group was not a ‘deep state conspiring against the elected leadership of our government’ because they were trying to do the right thing.
Comey made the admission on the first day of his nationwide book tour to promote his memoir, ‘A Higher Loyalty’, which sharply criticizes Donald Trump.