Hi Apes, (this post is not adjusted for inflation, open to a wrinkle edit) thanks! If using inflation the ratio would be smaller –
I am open to feedback – will take down if im tripping – But from my basic ass calculations – I show the markets using 28 times more leverage (this is for Margin, taken from FINRA Margin Statistics) than 2008 levels –
I was looking at the margin levels – they stopped doing these numbers in July, I wonder why?
So July 2021 it was $$844,324BN (and has not been updated since July)
And in July-08 $30,007BN
So the math is 844/30 = 28.13 more leverage today vs 2008.
Edit – it looks like margin changed after 2008 – they used a lot more – still around 4 times over 2010 levels – Jul-10 $267,468BN
If this is the case, hedgies are even more fukt and a call is coming soon…
- Israel Introduces A New Bill To Outlaw Teaching The Gospel of Jesus Christ and Imprison Violators
- Large investors tried to redeem, and Blackstone said “sorry, no”. There is no buyer. This is 2008 again.
- China will officially join Iran to arm Russia, “if Kyiv does not accept the Chinese peace plan”
- Sperm has been almost entirely replaced by spike proteins
- Clearwater Mayor abruptly resigns… Council members left in stunned silence
- Mexico begins to Confiscate and Seize American business in Mexico
- Welcome To Hyperinflation Hell! US Studies Ways To Guarantee All Bank Deposits If Crisis Grows
- Many Companies Are Already On Their Second Round Of Mass Layoffs
- SClENTISTS WARN WE ARE ENTERING A MAGNETIC EXCURSION AND SOON HUMANS WILL BE EXTINCT – DONT BLAME THE MESSENGER
- OPRAH STANDS TO LOSE $590 MILLION AFTER COLLAPSE OF SVB