Claims of racial taunts against a mostly black and Hispanic Boston-area high school football team are bogus, police say.
Last fall, coaches from Roxbury Prep alleged they and their team were “targeted repeatedly” by spectators’ taunts from rival Georgetown High School.
But according to 60 pages of documents from Georgetown police, there is no evidence to support these claims, the Boston Globe reports. If anything, the police report notes the game’s referees said they were subjected to “angry shouts” by the Roxbury coaches regarding their “racially discriminatory” officiating.
Police interviewed over 30 people who attended the game and not one said they heard racial slurs. One Georgetown fan who’s active in Black Lives Matter activities said that if she had heard any slurs she “would have addressed it right away.”
h/t Glenn Reynolds
- WTF, Who Is Running Our Country?
- Are They Calling For An Insurrection?
- NATO Will Do Nothing if Russia Invades Estonia
- The Destruction of Future Generations is on Full Speed
- Todays SCOTUS ruling was the biggest gift to the DNC.
- The Gun Control Bill Has Passed The Senate 65-33
- Buying an Illegal Gun in New York City Has Always Been Easy
- You Will Never See This on the News