BREAKING: Democrat donor and Biden supporter, Gang Chen was arrested for illegally selling secrets to China while employed by MIT. The professor received $19M from the Obama administration and $29M from the Chinese Communist Party. t.co/AGepIu2zSC pic.twitter.com/Vbfurcs3au
— @amuse (@amuse) January 14, 2021
The Chinese Communist Party (CCP) has re-awoken to a profound truth: Rich, secure capitalists are the natural enemies of authoritarian regimes. In a hybrid autocratic-capitalist model, capitalism is the means to generate wealth, but power is the end goal. Successful capitalists naturally begin to demand that their personal and property rights be protected from authoritarian fiat. Capital in the hands of entrepreneurs is a political resource; it poses a threat to the implementation of centralized plans.
Realizing this, the CCP has begun to assert control over the private sector by “installing . . . Party officials inside private firms” and having state-backed firms invest in private enterprises. In the absence of civil rights or an independent judiciary, “private” companies have no real independence from the government in China. Dissent and demands for civil rights are a threat to the regime and will be crushed.
Read the whole thing.
China has also installed a fair shair of “party officials inside private firms” with businesses that aren’t Chinese-owned as well:
Flashback from November of 2019: How to Conduct Business with Chinese Companies That See a Dark Future.
h/t Ed Driscoll
- We Just Witnessed An Economic Sign That Hasn’t Happened Since The Peak Of The Great Depression In 1932
- 14 Videos That Will Make You Want To Scream Out “ARE YOU KIDDING ME?”
- It’s Now Undeniable That the Government Has Been Lacing Chicken Feed so That Chickens Stopped Laying Eggs
- The FDA Is Literally Demonic
- Michael Burry: ‘Sell’
- RUSSIA releases message for American Soldiers
- Top US Geostrategic Think-Tank RAND Corp Says the US Lost the Ukraine War and Should Surrender
- This Week’s New Dystopian Innovation Just Dropped
- Biden Documents Scandal Includes 1850 Boxes, Enough To Fill A Tractor Tailer, Plus 415 GB Of Eectronic Records
- The Collapse Of Faith In America