Democrats issue new wave of subpoenas for Trump officials
The Democrat-led House select committee investigating January 6th has issued a new round of subpoenas to several ex-Trump administration officials and allies, including former national security adviser Michael Flynn and attorney John Eastman, who wrote a memo outlining ways former Vice President Mike Pence could reject Joe Biden’s electoral count victory.
In all, the panel issued six new subpoenas, including demands for records and testimony. Aside from Flynn and Eastman, subpoenas were issued for former Trump spokesman Jason Miller, ex-campaign manager William “Bill” Stepien, former New York Police commissioner Bernard Kerik, and former Trump campaign aide Angela McCallum.
“In the days before the January 6th attack, the former President’s closest allies and advisors drove a campaign of misinformation about the election and planned ways to stop the count of Electoral College votes,” the committee’s chair, Rep. Bennie Thompson, D-Miss., said in a statement. “The Select Committee needs to know every detail about their efforts to overturn the election, including who they were talking to in the White House and in Congress, what connections they had with rallies that escalated into a riot, and who paid for it all.”
The panel said all six witnesses were involved in efforts to promote false claims of election fraud or overturn the results of the 2020 election. “All have information that is deeply important to the committee,” said California Democrat Adam Schiff, a member of the panel.
Miller, Stepien and McCallum all worked on Trump’s 2020 reelection campaign in various roles. The committee alleges the campaign urged states to delay or deny certification of electoral votes.
Miller also joined another newly subpoenaed witnesses Kerik and Eastman along with Giuliani, former strategist Steve Bannon and others for meeting at the Willard Hotel near the White House on the eve of Jan. 6 to plot out plans to overturn the election’s results, the panel said.
Flynn, the panel said, was part of a Dec. 18, 2020, Oval Office meeting that covered the potential for seizing voting machines and invoking a national emergency.
- Do You Accept a 35% Higher Chance of Dying Today? Well Then I Have Life-or- Death News For You.
- THAILAND DECLARES DEATH CON 3 ON PFIZER
- On The Brink Of WW3 (Updates)
- ‘Climate change is accelerating’: Mount Washington as cold as Mars (Coldest wind chill ever recorded)
- Don’t Be Stupid – The U.S. Economy Actually LOST 2.5 Million Jobs Last Month
- Ukraine is About to Get Shafted
- Global Leaders Dump The Dollar – Why Now?
- The balloon is most likely a hoax intended to divert attention away from the Project Veritas Pfizer BUST.
- SOMETHING HUGE IS COMING
- U.S. Senator Mike Lee Threatens Japan’s Prime Minister, Gives February 28, 2023 Deadline