by Dr. Eowyn
If you are a Democrat, please honestly examine your conscience and ask yourself if this is your party.
On August 11, 2020, leading the pro forma session of the U.S. House of Representatives in reciting the Pledge of Allegiance, 81-year-old House Majority Leader Steny Hoyer (D-Maryland) deliberately left out the words “under God”. (See the video clip on CSPAN)
During last week’s “virtual” 2020 Democratic Party Convention, the words “under God” were omitted from the Pledge of Allegiance during the LGBTQ caucus meeting and the Muslim Delegates Assembly. (USA Today)
(2) GUN CONTROL
Although the U.S. Constitution’s Second Amendment guarantees the American people’s right to bear arms and defend themselves, and despite the fact that the Supreme Court ruled in 2008 that Second Amendment applies to individuals, not militias, and may include military weapons, Democrats overwhelmingly favor abridging the Second Amendment to support gun control. In the words of Elaine Godfrey in The Atlantic, “Democrats in 2020 are embracing gun control in an unprecedented way, betting that their support is more likely to attract voters than turn them away—especially in the suburban districts that are quickly becoming central to the party map.”
Here’s the evidence (The Atlantic):
- Gun control was “a central focus” in the 2020 Democratic National Convention (DNC). In contrast, in the 2012 DNC, there were no convention segments or panels on gun control.
- There is a new normal in the Democratic Party: Moderate voters not only support gun-control legislation, but have begun to use the issue as a litmus test:
- In 2010, Democrats accounted for about 20% of all candidates in federal elections who received “A” ratings from the National Rifle Association (NRA).
- By the 2018 midterms, Democrats accounted for less than 2% of federal candidates who were rated “A” by the NRA.
- That’s because moderate Democrats who once represented rural swaths of the country, where guns were popular, now represent a suburban constituency that overwhelmingly favors gun control, and whose politics are more aligned with those of Democrat voters in nearby blue cities than those of voters in rural America.
- Even moderate Democrats in red states have run and won on gun control.
(3) NATION-WIDE LOCKDOWN
On August 22, 2020, on “ABC World News Tonight,” Democrat presidential nominee Joe Biden said that if elected President, he would shut the entire country down if “scientists” tell him: “I would shut it down; I would listen to the scientists.” (BlabberBuzz)
Never mind the fact that:
- Shutdowns in states and cities across America, which continue in Democrat-controlled “blue” states and counties, already have inflicted untold damage and trauma on workers and the economy.
- There is no consensus among “scientists” on anything concerning the COVID-19 Wuhan virus: what it is; how/where it originated; how accurate are COVID-19 and antigen tests; and the effectiveness of lockdowns, wearing masks and social distancing.
(4) HIGHER AND MORE TAXES
If elected President, Joe Biden says he will call for 12 big changes in tax laws, some of which had been championed by his former boss, Barack Obama.
One of Biden’s proposed changes is a limit on itemized deductions of 28%. This means that for each dollar of itemized tax deductions, including charitable contributions, a taxpayer or couple filing jointly would only receive a maximum benefit of $0.28. This 28% limit would hold true even if a filer is paying a higher marginal tax rate. (Source: The Motley Fool)
(5) ENDORSED BY COMMUNISTS
- Director of National Intelligence John Ratcliffe told Fox News that “China poses a greater national security threat to the U.S. than any other nation. That includes threats of election influence and interference.” On August 19, 2020, the daily newspaper Global Times, which is a mouthpiece of the Chinese Communist Party, endorsed Joe Biden for President. (Gateway Pundit)
- Bob Avakian, the chairman of the Revolutionary Communist Party USA, also endorsed Biden. Avakian said that although he doesn’t particularly like Biden, electing him is necessary for “the overthrow of this system, as the fundamental solution to the continuing horrors this system causes for the masses of humanity.” (Washington Times)
Please disseminate this post on social media, and send them to your Democrat family members and friends. Thank you.