- British designer Thomas Heatherwick tells CNBC that IM Motors is planning to build around 1 million Airo vehicles.
- The car, which is currently being engineered, is being designed to strip out pollution from the air as it drives along.
- The vehicle design includes double sliding doors and adjustable seats that can be turned into beds or swiveled around for a meeting, or a meal, with other passengers.
LONDON – Thomas Heatherwick had never designed a car before being hired by Chinese auto firm IM Motors.
“We’re not car designers,” he told the company when it asked his London studio to dream up a new electric vehicle. “That’s why we want you to work on this,” the company replied.
The result was the Airo car that can theoretically strip the air of pollution as it drives along. Its designs were unveiled at the Shanghai Motor Show in April.
Heatherwick, who is behind the futuristic designs of Google’s new buildings in Mountain View and London, told CNBC at the Founders Forum tech event earlier this month that his team is currently working on engineering the vehicle. He expects it to go into full-scale production in 2023.
- It’s Impossible to State How Bad Things Actually Are
- New Zealand’s PM calls for internet censorship, because people don’t believe in climate change and Covid lockdowns
- Worse Than Katrina? It Appears That We Just Witnessed The Most Costly Natural Disaster In U.S. History By A Wide Margin
- The British Government is Experimenting With Feeding African Kids Worms, Locusts, and Flies.
- Exactly One Week After Biden’s Fateful Decision, The U.S. Was Hit By One Of The Worst Natural Disasters In Our History
- All signs point to something huge to happen in next days!
- “If Only We Had More Somalis” Said No One Ever
- Something Big Coming? NATO Countries are Releasing Urgent Calls for Their Citizens to Leave Russia
- It’s Going to Take Some Very Cool Heads to Keep the Blinken Administration from Destroying the World
- The Anti-American Tone on German and Austrian Social Media has Escalated Dramatically