by Dr. Eowyn
U.S. death toll doubles in 2 days! (Daily Mail)
COVID-19 (Coronavirus Disease 2019) deaths top 5,000 in U.S. as more states issue stay-at-home orders! (Fox News)
The United States now leads the world in number of confirmed COVID-19 cases! — that’s assuming, of course, that China’s numbers can be believed, which we have every reason not to, given the Chinese Communist Party’s tight control and suppression over all means of communication. See “Shipment of funeral urns in Wuhan raise questions about China’s coronavirus reporting”
Jobless claims soar to record 3.3 million as layoffs jump!
The great American jobs machine grinds to a halt!
Newly jobless Americans worry about making ends meet!
Auto suppliers fear financial ruin as GM, Ford and FCA grind to a halt!
World trade hit by virus sees worst collapse in a generation!
So scream the headlines . . . .
Given the devastation the Wuhan virus has already wrought on the U.S. economy, more and more people are asking:
When will this end?
How do you choose between the economy and more viral death? (MSN)
When will the stay-at-home, social-distancing lockdown be lifted?
Does the Trump administration have an exit strategy?
According to some, the lockdown could continue indefinitely:
- On March 22, 2020, New York governor Andrew Cuomo, with the pierced nipples and touted by the hate-America MSM as a last-minute replacement of Joe Biden as the Demonrat Party’s presidential nominee, declared that the Wuhan coronavirus is so contagious that 40% to 80% of the U.S. population could get the virus, and that the lockdown could last as long as 9 months. (Twitter)
- On March 30, 2020, during the White House coronavirus taskforce briefing, CDC Director Dr. Anthony Fauci said he expects another coronavirus outbreak in the fall “because of the degree of transmissibility,” although he said that by then, the country will be better equipped to fight the illness because of better testing, treatments for the infected, and hopefully, the availability of a vaccine. (New York Post)
- Two days later on April 1, Fauci said that the United States will not come out of lockdown until there are no “new cases” and no new deaths of coronavirus. In his words: “ if we get to the part of the curve…when it goes down to essentially no new cases, no new deaths at a period of time. I think it makes sense that you will have to relax social distancing.” (Summit News)
But then, there are other voices arguing for why the media’s fear-porn must stop and why the U.S. government should not continue to allow the coronavirus panic to wreck the economy. As examples:
- Contradicting his alarmist verbal statements about COVID-19, in an article published in the New England Journal of Medicine, Dr. Fauci writes that the Wuhan coronavirus may be no more lethal than the seasonal flu!
- UK government says COVID-19 is not a “high consequence” infectious disease (gov.UK)
- Stanford research director says we are “severely” overreacting to coronavirus based on “utterly unreliable” data (Daily Wire)
- As an example, raising methodological questions about the testing, pathogenesis and transmission of the Wuhan coronavirus, a carefully written and reasoned article in GreenMedInfo asks if the virus even exists.
- Some drugs are shown to be successful against COVID-19:
- Malaria drug hydroxychloroquine effective since 2005 (Breitbart)
- Chloroquine 100% success rate with zinc (Gateway Pundit)
- French peer-reviewed study of chloroquine 100% success rate (Daily Wire)
- An international poll of thousands of doctors rated hydroxycholoroquine the “most effective therapy” for COVID-19. But the survey also found that only 23% of U.S. medical professionals had prescribed the drug — far less than other countries. (New York Post)
- Australian study found a single dose of anti-parasitic drug Ivermectin kills COVID-19 in lab by removing all genetic material of the virus within 48 hours (news.com.au)
- Massive doses of vitamin C to treat coronavirus patients (New York Post)
- In fact, the FDA recently approved limited use of two anti-malarial drugs, chloroquine and hydroxychloroquine, for COVID-19 (New York Post)
What the United States needs is a formula, or at least some indication, for when the lockdown could end so that Americans can get back to work. (Daily Wire)
The UK has one.
Business Insider reports on April 3, 2020, that the UK plans to issue coronavirus “immunity passports” so people can leave the lockdown early.
On April 2, 2020, in a Downing Street press conference, UK Health Secretary Matt Hancock said citizens would need to test positive in a COVID-19 antibody test, showing they had already contracted the virus, before being issued “immunity passports” that would allow them to return to “normal life.” Hancock said: “We are looking at an immunity certificate. People who have had the disease have got the antibodies and then have immunity can show that and therefore get back as much as possible to normal life.”
The UK has already ordered millions of antibody tests.
What say you, President Trump?