Donald Trump wants allies to pay much more for hosted US troops
US President Donald Trump wants countries hosting US troops to pay 150 percent of the cost or more, a report says. Germany could be one of the countries asked to pay the most.
Countries hosting US forces could in future be asked to cough up five or six times the money they pay now for the privilege if the US Trump administration gets its way, according to reports in US media.
The Bloomberg news agency reported last week that the administration was working on plans to demand that countries such as Germany and Japan pay the full costs of the deployment plus 50 percent or more.
Germany, which hosts the second-largest US military presence abroad after Japan, could be hard-hit by the demand.
Any demand for more money from Germany could boost resistance to the presence of US troops there, something that has long been a source of controversy in the country.
- Biden Just Politicized 401(k)s
- Fifty More US Banks on the Verge of Failing
- Fauci Admits: ‘I Got My 2nd Vax Yesterday, & I Feel Like Sh*t Today!’
- New York Times: “Stolen Valor: The U.S. Volunteers in Ukraine Who Lie, Waste and Bicker. James Vasquez, in fact, was never deployed to Kuwait…”
- Miami Beach braces for new spring break chaos after 2 murders in 36 hours
- US Authorities Weigh Expansion of Emergency Lending Facility Amid Banking Crisis
- ‘Largest Satanic Gathering in History’ Will Require Masks and Vaccinations
- AZ overturns election judgement to verify signatures
- IRAN WAR is about to start
- FRENCH GONE WILD – Let’s have some wine while…