Fantastic op ed.
Don’t Tug on Superman’s Cape: The Failure of House Democrats
By Allen West | January 27, 2020 | 7:16am EST
House Impeachment Managers Rep. Jerry Nadler (L) and Adam Schiff (Photo by Brendan Smialowski/AFP via Getty Images)
Perhaps I am dating myself a tad bit, but I remember the song by Jim Croce called “Big Jim.” The refrain was:
You don’t tug on Superman’s cape,
You don’t spit in the wind,
You don’t pull the mask off the old Long Ranger,
And you don’t mess around with Jim…
Right now, y’all are thinking, where is ol’ Col. West going with this? Is this another indicator that he had too many landings on his head as an Army paratrooper?
No, quite the contrary, it would have behooved House Democrat impeachment managers Adam Schiff and Jerrold Nadler to have listened to that song by Croce before heading over to stand to speak before the US Senate.
Having been in the US House of Representatives myself, I can attest to the fact that US Senators carry a bit of an elitist attitude about them. I am surprised that they do not sit about in white robes and speak in highbrow, lofty means…sorry, they do, just no togas.
Schiff and Nadler made the mistake of believing that the typical overarching, hyperbolic rhetoric of the progressive socialist left in the House of Representatives would work in the US Senate. They seemed to have forgotten that they were speaking before the “upper chamber” of our legislative branch, and not to the fawning, useful idiots, found on leftist media outlets, or on their side of the aisle in the House.
They failed to recognize that they were participating in a trial proceeding. They were making opening statements in something that had only ever taken place in the history of our Constitutional Republic twice before. They were not speaking at an Antifa or a Democrat [Socialist] party rally…the lines between the two are becoming indistinguishable
No, Adam Schiff and Jerrold Nadler did not listen to Jim Croce. Instead they cracked open Saul Alinsky’s Rules for Radicals and got the script, to their utter detriment. They wrongly felt that they could threaten, intimidate, bully, coerce, and cajole several Republican members of the US Senate into cowering and acquiescing before their illogical rants.
Going before the US Senate as a delusional impeachment manager, one of Nancy Pelosi’s errand boys, required a different strategy, thought process. Unfortunately for Schiff and Nadler, they stuck with the same ol’ radical script, let’s scare the Republicans into submission.
What Schiff and Nadler conveyed to the entire Country, of people with functioning intellect, was that they had no case. They had no real evidence of a crime. They knew they did not, and would not, reach the high threshold of proving “treason, bribery, or other high crimes and misdemeanors”. Schiff and Nadler, as dispatched by Speaker Pelosi on this suicide mission, truly believed that they could brow beat US Senators into surrender.
They were wrong…they tried to tug on Senator’s cape.
Read the rest here:
- A Horrifying Drought Is Causing Widespread Crop Failures Throughout The United States And Europe
- China’s Warning ENTIRE Economy Will Collapse In 34 Days
- Ron Paul: “With each passing day, the Biden Administration drifts further & further from reality… The painful economic realities of government spending and Fed inflation are staring every American in the face.”
- CDC is quietly deleting misleading information from their website. The following statement was removed from their website between July 16th and July 22nd
- China ending paper trading in Precious Metals On MONDAY, could be HUGE
- An EU Satellite captures a terrifying picture of Western Europe, almost looks like the Sahara
- A man apprehends a thief who sucker punched an elderly customer and stole his wallet and phone.
- Tom Fitton: “I’ve reviewed the warrant material released in response to Judicial Watch court request. It is all a scam.”
- Disturbing Proof They’re Quietly Deleting the Internet
- People Are Going To Go Absolutely Insane When Food Prices Double Or Triple From Current Levels