After topping in January 2018, the stock market has become a bumpy ride.
We endured a correction on most major stock indexes and are now chopping sideways.
Monitoring the markets for clues about what’s next, I stumbled upon a key index and indicator for the economy and stock market.
The Dow Jones Home Construction Index
As you can see in the chart below, the Dow Jones Home Construction Index is still correcting. As well, it violated its uptrend line from 2016 (point 3). While this doesn’t mean the bull market is over, it is something to keep an eye on… especially within the housing sector and related stock names.
The last time this pattern occurred was 2005 (two years before the market topped). But it definitely put pressure on the housing market. The bottom on this index didn’t come until 2008/2009 (see points 1 & 2).
Dow Jones Home Construction Index Chart
- World War 3: The Stage Is Being Set For The United States To Go To War With China And Russia Simultaneously
- China Responds to Joe Biden’s Declaration of War
- The Apocalyptic Global Food Crisis That We Were Told To Prepare For Has Already Started In 2022
- Reporters Are Being Detained At Davos! +Secret Leaked Document
- Check out the parking lot at the Davos Climate Change Conference this year…
- First Black Lesbian Press Secretary Immediately Demoted After First Week
- The Level Of Evil In Our Society Is Off The Charts
- Brooklyn Half Marathon Leaves 1 Dead, 15 Hospitalized
- Irish President Says Elon Musk is a Dictator Because He Wants to Give People Too Much Freedom
- When the crowd gets trapped in the casino with no way out, we’ll probably realize I’m too bullish…. The run to cash has officially begun.