From Fox News: San Francisco wants to show you its creepy past by making you drink with live rats.
The San Francisco Dungeon in Fisherman’s Wharf is launching an immersive experience about the City by the Bay’s “weird, twisted, dark” history — and that includes having live rats “scurry all over you” for some reason.
The tourist hot spot known for its interactive tours through history, featuring live actors and thrilling special effects, is opening its Rat Bar as the “next iteration of what the Department of Public Health” will allow, according to a press release.
The Dungeon had previously offered a tour with something called a “Rat Café.”
“Let’s be honest — pastries and coffee were nice and all when we hosted the Rat Café but that was a lot of work. We thought, ‘F it. This time, get drunk, see our show, touch rats and get drunk some more,’” says Matthew Clarkson, regional head of marketing for West Coast Midway Attractions, North America, Merlin Entertainments Group.
After the history lesson, guests are shuffled off to the Rat Bar where they are able to touch and hold live rodents provided by the Ratical Rodent Rescue for 30 minutes.
The strange pop-up will begin June 13 and run through June 15, offering guests a 60-minute “journey into the dark place where live rats run free and the booze flows like water.”
Those who purchase tickets will be given “Ama-RAT-o Sours” made with Amaretto, a citrusy mix and a “rat’s tail” garnish, before being taken on a ride learning about the gold rush, Chinatown gangs, shanghaiing, Alcatraz and, appropriately, the plague.
Rat or San Francisco-enthusiasts will want to buy their tickets fast, however, as the company stated their last rat pop-up sold out in 45 minutes.
- Stock Crash Warning: Do This ASAP
- Rumors of A Military Coup in China
- From October 1, German streets will be patrolled by the military to prevent riots
- A Major Country is Imploding…
- Economic Collapse Has Arrived In Germany. Will The U.S. Be Close Behind?
- Alex Jones Hasn’t Evolved a Bit in 30 Years of Broadcasting
- This Thanksgiving, Supplies Of Turkey, Eggs And Butter Will Be Extremely Tight In The United States
- “Get an EV,” they said. “It’ll be fun,” they said. This is at an EV charging station in California
- The USDA Wants You To Register Your Garden
- The World Has Been at War With the Devil That Calls Itself The Red Shield (Rothschild) for Centuries