Dutch investigative journalist and crime reporter Peter R. de Vries, whose work includes Natalee Holloway’s disappearance and high-profile cases linked to organized crime, has been shot and seriously injured in Amsterdam, officials say. Three suspects have been taken into custody.
The shooting happened just before 7:30 p.m. on Tuesday after De Vries appeared on the entertainment TV show RTL Boulevard. Video from the scene showed him lying motionless on the street, suffering from what appeared to be a gunshot wound to the head.
“At this moment we only know that he is seriously injured and fighting for his life,” Amsterdam Mayor Femke Halsema said at a late-night press conference, which provided no further details about his condition. A video taken by a witness showed CPR being performed on De Vries, who is 64.
Police spokesman Frank Pauw confirmed that De Vries had been shot at “close range” and that a possible getaway vehicle was quickly identified based on information from witnesses.
- It’s Impossible to State How Bad Things Actually Are
- New Zealand’s PM calls for internet censorship, because people don’t believe in climate change and Covid lockdowns
- Worse Than Katrina? It Appears That We Just Witnessed The Most Costly Natural Disaster In U.S. History By A Wide Margin
- The British Government is Experimenting With Feeding African Kids Worms, Locusts, and Flies.
- Exactly One Week After Biden’s Fateful Decision, The U.S. Was Hit By One Of The Worst Natural Disasters In Our History
- All signs point to something huge to happen in next days!
- “If Only We Had More Somalis” Said No One Ever
- Something Big Coming? NATO Countries are Releasing Urgent Calls for Their Citizens to Leave Russia
- It’s Going to Take Some Very Cool Heads to Keep the Blinken Administration from Destroying the World
- The Anti-American Tone on German and Austrian Social Media has Escalated Dramatically