by Amy S.
Inflation, hyperinflation, financial collapse, societal collapse and world war 3. The only unknown is the timeline. All roads lead back to the fiat money system: Broken countries. Broken trade. Broken bond markets. Broken manufacturing. Broken businesses. Broken housing markets. Broken Labour markets. Broken people. Mal-investments. Wealth inequality. Big Government. Mass immigration. Overpopulation. Big military. Wars. Nature fighting back. Climate change. End the FED. End fractional reserve banking. Bring on The Classical Gold Standard or The Bitcoin Standard. Welcome back to The Nomad Economist.
The Federal Reserve has unveiled the 2021 stress-testing scenarios that it will use to evaluate the safety and soundness of 19 of the largest U.S. banks. Preparing for the day, someone pulls the plug in the bathtub. The next round of U.S. stress testing for big banks will examine the impact of a severe global downturn, a spike in unemployment, and plunging equity markets.
The scenario also includes a 55% plunge in equity prices amid falling GDP and rising unemployment. “Banks with large trading operations will be tested against a global market shock component that stresses their trading, private equity, and other fair value positions,” the Fed noted. “Additionally, banks with substantial trading or processing operations will be tested against the default of their largest counterparty. Stress test the banks, yes, but why not also ask Janet Yellen to stop asking for even more stimulus when it is just going to further inflate the bubble.
They’d be better off posting checks than doing more rounds of QE. The top 19 US banks will have to prove they can withstand a 55% collapse in stock markets in this year’s stress tests, regulators said on Friday, outlining the parameters for an exercise that decides how much banks can pay out to their shareholders. A 55% contraction! Is this a fair value signal from the Fed on the level of US indices? Wonder. It does seem quite a random number. It’s also probably the closest the Fed will get to admitting we are in the midst of an enormous asset bubble waiting to be popped.
A 55 percent drop is a walk in the park. How about a real stress test at 85 percent, which would replicate the 1929 crash and the continued market decline through to 1933. Given the S&P 500 has gone up more than fivefold since the lows of the 2008/09 financial crisis, a 55 percent decline from its current level of 3,915 to 1,760, while extreme could not be completely ruled out.
The S&P 500 bottomed out at 676.53 on March 9, 2009. Maybe the Fed can also include a much, much broader range of both banks and non-banks in the test. Then we can see what would really happen in tomorrow’s increasingly likely scenario. What about stress-testing the large fund managers, private equity shops, non-bank financiers, and insurance companies too! Maybe throw in the already-underfunded pension systems too! In such circumstances, we know all asset classes tend to correlate and collapse. That means US Treasuries will also take a bath. Have the Fed thought about what their own portfolios will look like following such an event? In 2008 bad practices were rewarded with a bailout. The can have run out of road. It will be crushed. Eventually, it might be recycled. The markets may be like the can. Some banks, including JPMorgan Chase and Morgan Stanley, have chafed at their inability to return more cash to shareholders, given they have enjoyed record profits despite the pandemic.
While the trend of automating jobs is moving along full speed U.S. Treasury Secretary, Janet Yellen recently said that the U.S. could achieve full employment recovery if President Joe Biden’s COVID-19 stimulus package is passed. “I would expect that if this package is passed, we would get back to full employment next year,” Yellen told host Jake Tapper on CNN’s State of the Union. This is a clear signal Biden’s need to urgently pass a COVID-19 relief package is being ramped higher.
Yellen said, “We will get people back to work much sooner with this package.” She went on to claim, “There’s absolutely no reason we should suffer through a long slow recovery.” According to the Treasury Secretary, the President’s $1.9 trillion COVID-19 relief package could help the U.S. employment numbers recover at a faster pace. Yellen cited a report from the Congressional Budget Office (CBO), which found that the unemployment rate would reach pre-pandemic levels in 2025 without the level stimulus proposed in Biden’s American Rescue Plan.
What is dollar collapse?
The dollar collapse is no longer a secret. Almost everyone seems to know of this. The collapse of any given currency generally implies the absolute devaluation of a given currency in relation to others in the world. The collapse of the dollar, however, means this and much, much more. This is owed to the fact of the US Dollar’s unofficial status as world currency, alongside the Euro.
Numerous nations around the world have since pegged their currencies to the dollar as it has provided them with a hard currency they could base their reserves on. Most even use it to settle trade transactions internationally. This means that a greater percentage of the world’s commodities are priced and traded in US dollars, and thus, dollars must come in play at some point.
Over the last few days, there has been a number of articles in the media about the steady decline of the $US against the Euro. While many economists have forecasted the possiblity of the dollar declining against the Euro for sometime, most do not comprehend the significance of this. Some believe that the decline of the dollar against the currencies of American’s trading partners will help correct the USA’s trade deficit, and the dollar will stop falling when the trade imbalance is corrected. However, the evidence is that the opposite is happening – the $US has declined 40% against the Euro over the last 2 years, and during this time America’s trade deficit has continues to deteriorate.
There is now nothing the USA can do to prevent the collapse of its currency, and its economy. It has no reserves to support its value, and has the most indebted country in the world, is dependant of the credit from America’s former enemies. Over the last couple of days, both Russia and China have said they will be switching their considerable dollar reserves into Euro. This will only hasten the lack of confidence in the dollar, creating a global lack of confidence in the currency, and setting into free-fall. It will soon bring about the total collapse of the dollar, and the American economy.
The collapse of the dollar will throw the world into a global depression. Those nations with large external debts will not be able to trade sufficiently to earn the income to service their debts, and will slide into bankruptcy. The economies of New Zealand, Australia, Canada and the UK will also totally collapse, as a result of their indebtedness and not being able to service their borrowings. It will result in the Anglo-Saxon nations facing abject poverty, our people facing starvation, and a total break-down in society. Crime will become rampant. Law and order will cease to exist. Disease will become widespread.
We know a collapse is coming… If you’re paying attention you probably have the distinct feeling that we are in the middle of it right now. And guess what? The government and military know it’s coming too, as evidenced by large-scale simulations of exactly such an event and its fallout.
But the collapse of our financial system, or hyperinflation of our currency, or a meltdown in US Treasuries is only the beginning. We know some or all of these events are all but a foregone conclusion.
What we don’t know is the timing of the trigger event that causes the global panic to ensue and what will happen after these primary events take hold.
According to Jeff Thomas, while we can’t know for sure, the following “secondary events” are the most likely outcomes when the system as we have come to know it destabilizes.
When the economic collapse and the next great depression begind !
Today, millions of Americans say that they believe that The United State is on the verge of a major economic collapse and will soon be entering another Great Depression. Only a small precentage of those same people are prepared for that to happen.
The sad truth is that the vast majority of Americans would last little more than a month on wath they have store in their homes. Most of as are so used to running out to the supermarket or to Wal-Mart for whatever we need that we never even stop to consider what would happen if suddenly we were not able to do that.
Already the U.S. is starting to stumble about like a drunken frat boy! All it would take for the entire U.S. to resemble New Orleans after a deadly pandemic or a masive natural disaster to strike at just the right time and push the teetering U.S. economy over the edge.
So just how would you survive if you suddenly could not rely on the huge international corporate giants to feed, clothe and supplay you and you family? Do you have a plan ? Unless you already live in a cave or you are a complete and total mindless follower of the established media, you should be able to see very cleary that our society is more vulnerable now then is ever has been.
Not only that, but we have a world that is full of lunatics in positions of power, and if one of them decides to set off a nuclear, chemical or biological weapon in a major city it could paralyze an entire region.
In addition, there is the constant threadthat the outbreak of a major viral pandemic (such as what happened with the 1918 Spanish Flu) could kill tens of millions of people around the globe and paralyze the economies of the world.But even without all of that, the truth is that the U.S. economy is going to collapse. So just think of what will happen if one (or more) of those things does happen on top of all the economic problems that we are having.
Are you prepared ?
The following is a list of 20 things you and you family will need to survive when the economy totally collapses and the next Great Depression begins….
1) Storable Food ! Food is going to instantly become one of the most valuable commodities in existence in the event of an economic collapse. If you do not have food you are not going to survive.Most American families could not last much longer than a month on what they have in their house right now, how long could you survive on what you have?The truth is that we all need to start storing up food.If you and your family run out of food, you will suddenly find yourselves competing with the hordes of hungry pleople who are looting the stores and roaming the streets looking for something to eat.
Of course you can grow your own food, but that is going to take time. So you need to have enough food stored up until the food that you plant has time to grow. But if you have not stored up any seeds you might as well forget it.When the economy totally collapses, the remaining seeds will disappear very quickly. So if you think that you are going to needs seeds, now is the time to get them.
2) Clean Water! Most people can survive for a number of weeks without food, but without water you will die in just few days. So where would you get water if the water suddenly stopped flowing out of your taps?
RELATED : Water Storage Tips
Do you have a plan? Is there an abundant supply of clean water near your home? Would you be able to boil water if you need to? Besides storing water and figuring out how you are going to gather water if society breaks down, another thing to consider would be a water purification tablet. The water you are able to gather during a time of crisis may not be suitable for drinking. So you may find that water purification tablets come in very, very handy.
3) Shelter ! You can”t sleep on the streets, can you ? Well, some people will be able to get by living on the streets, but the vast majority of us will need some form of shelter to survive for a long period of time.
So what would you doif you and your family lost your home or suddenly were forced from your home? Where would you go? The best thing to do is to come up with several plans. Do you have relatives that you can bunk with in case own emergency? Do you own a tent and sleeping bags if you had to rough it?If one day everything hits the fan and you and your family have to “bug out”somewhere, where would that be? You need to have a plan.
4) Warm Clothing! If you plan to survive for in a nightmare economic situation, you are probably going to need some warm clothing. If you live in a cold climate, this is going to mean storing up plenty of blankets and cold weather clothes. If you live in a area where it rains a lot, you”ll need to be sure to store up some rain gear. Someday after the economy has collapsed and people are scrambling to survive , a lot of folks are going to end up freezing to death.In fact, in the coldes areas it”s actually possible to freeze to death in your home. Don”t let that happen to you!
5) A Chopping Axe or Hatchet ! Staying along the theme of staying warm, you may want to investing in a good axe. In the event of a major emergency, gathering fiewood will be a priority. Without a good cutting tool it would be much more difficult.
6) Lighters or Matches! You”ll also want something to start a fire with. If you cane start s fire, you can cook food, boil water and stay worm . So in a true emergency situation, how do you plan to start a fire? By rubbing sticks together? Now is the time to put awaya supply of lighters or matches so that you will be prepared when you really need them. In addition, you may want to consider storing up a good supply of candles.
7) Hiking Boots or Comfortable shoes ! When you ask most people to list things necessary for survival, this is not the first or the second thing that comes to mind. But having hiking boots or comfortable and functional shoes will be absolutely critical. You will also want footwear taht will last a long time, because when the economy collapse you may not be able to run outto the shoe store and get what you need!
8) A Flashlight and/or Lantern! When the power goes off in your home, what is the first thing thet you grab? Just think about it a flashlight or a lantern of course. in a major emergency, a flashlight or a lantern is going to be a necessity.Solar powered or “generator” flashlight or a lantern will probably be the best during a long-term emergency. If you have battery-powered units you will want to begin storing up lots and lots of batteries.
9) A Radio! if a major crisis does hit the United States, what will you and your family want? Among other things , you will all want to know what in the world is going on. A radio can be an invaluable tool for keeping up with the news.Once again one “generator” will probably work best for the long term.
10) Communication Equipment ! When thing really hit the fan you are going to want to communicate with your family and friends.Having an emergency cell phone is great, but it may or may not work during a time of crisis.
11) A Swiss Army Knife! If you have ever owned a Swiss Army knife you probably already know how incredibly handy they can be. It can be a very valuable and versatile tool.Make sure that you have at least one stored up for emergencies.
12) Personal Hygiene Items! While these may not be absolute “essentials”, the truth is that life will get very unpleasant very quickly without them. For example, what would you do without toilet paper? What would you do? The truth is that a soap, toothbrushes, toothpaste, shampoo, toilet paper and other hygiene products are things that we completely take for granted in society today. So what would happen if we could not go out and buy them any longer?
13) A First Aid Kid and Other Medical Supplies ! On a more serious note, you may not be able to access a hospital or contact a doctor during a major crisis.In your supplies, be absolutely certain taht you have a good first aid kid and other medical supplies that you think you may need.
RELATED : List of ‘Collapse’ Medical Supplies
14) Extra Gasoline ! There may come a day when gasoline is rationed or is simply not available. If that happens, how will you get around? Be certain to have some extragasoline stored away just in a case you really needing to get somewhere someday.
15) A Sewing Kit ! If you were not able to run out and buy new clothes that you have and make them last as long as possible. Withouta good sewing kit that will be very difficult to do.
16 ) Self-Defense Equipment! Whether it is pepper sprayto fend off wild animals or something more “robust” to fend off wild humans, millions of Americans will one day be thankful that they have something to defend themselves with.
17) A Compass ! In the event of a major emergencyyou may find yourselves having to be on the move. If you”re in a wilderness area it will be very hard to tell what direction you”re heading without a compass. It”s always a good idea to have one available.
18) A Hiking Backpack ! If you and your family suddenly heve to “bug out” what you will carry all of your survival supplies in? Having a good hiking backpack or ‘survival bag” for everyone in your family is extremely important.
19) A Community ! Don”t think you can do your own or you may find yourself robbed, beaten, raped on even killaed! Loners will have an extremely hard time surviving once the local food banks, and Government assisted programs run out of supplies. During a long-term crisis , it is those how are willing to work together that will have the best chances of making it.
20 ) A Backup Plan! Lastly it is always, always, always imporatnt to have a backup plan for everything. If someone comes in and steals all the food taht you stored up, what are you going to do?If you have built your house into an impregnable survival fortress but circumstances force you to leave to do you have an alternate plan?The truth is that crisis situation rarely unfold just as we envision!
It is important to be flexible and to ready with backup plans when disaster strikes.You don”t to end up like the folks in New Orleans after the Hurricane Katrina and you dont”t want to have to rely on the government to take care of you if something really bad happens!
Right now the U.S. strategic grain reserve contains only enough wheat to make half a loaf bread for each of the approximately 300 million people in the United States. How long do you thing taht is going to last?