Tesla CEO Elon Musk tweeted Friday that he’s considering launching a new university: the “Texas Institute of Technology & Science.”
It’s not clear how serious the mega-billionaire is, particularly considering the proposed school’s obscene acronym and Musk’s reputation for joking on Twitter — even to the point of violating securities laws.
That didn’t stop netizens from seizing on the tweet, propelling the proposed school’s acronym to Twitter’s top 25 trending list in the US on Friday.
Beyond jokes, Musk has a history of making raunchy acronyms in his business operations, including by planning the rollout of Tesla’s Models S, 3, X and Y vehicles to spell out S.3.X.Y. on the company’s website.
When one Twitter user asked whether he had secured funding for the university, Musk responded, “obv.”
That could have just been a nod to Musk’s 2018 tweet in which he said he had “funding secured” to take Tesla private at $420 a share, which sent the stock price soaring and eventually led to a settlement between Musk and the Securities and Exchange Commission that was supposed to keep the mega-billionaire largely off Twitter.
In another follow-up tweet Friday morning, Musk said the proposed university would “have epic merch.”
- HAPPENING: Shooter’s Grandpa Says Someone Else Bought Him Weapons and Taught Him How to Fire
- Why did the West Only Go to Shit After WW2 and Not Before?
- It Is Worse Than We Thought
- Barack Obama absolutely buried by Jason Whitlock.
- This is what happens if you give up your guns: Australia announces TWO YEARS in prison for violating COVID rules
- The Police are Not Your Friends
- Hardest landing is GUARANTEED.
- School shootings were rare until the government put a target on the backs of our children in 1990. What happened in 1990?
- Get ready The tsunami of Layoffs is coming!
- It’s Real! Dark MAGA Incoming