- Lisa Brizendine, president of the Oakley Union Elementary School District, resigned on Friday
- Board members Kim Beede, Erica Ippolito and Richie Masadas also resigned
- Oakley Union Elementary School Board conducted an online meeting via Webex on Wednesday afternoon so parents could discuss distance learning
- Board members reportedly thought parents had not joined the call and preceded to make several disparaging comments
- One claimed that parents wanted schools reopened because teachers function as ‘babysitters’ for the children
- Another implied that parents wanted to go back to smoking marijuana without the distraction of their children at home
Lisa Brizendine, president of the Oakley Union Elementary School District, resigned with members Kim Beede, Erica Ippolito and Richie Masadas, Fox News reported.
Schools Superintendent Greg Hetrick described the comments as ‘truly inappropriate’ and issued an apology on Thursday.