BRUSSELS is ready to accept Scotland as an independent member of the EU, according to the Scottish Brexit Secretary.
The SNP’s Michael Russell insisted a second Scottish independence referendum will take place and that EU leaders will accept the nation as an independent state.
Mr Russell told the Scotsman: “The choice will come – we just have to see how we get there.”
Mr Russell’s words came after former president of the European Council, Herman Van Rompuy, warned a no-deal Brexit could lead the break up of the UK.
Scotland’s First Minister Nicola Sturgeon had vowed to fight for a second Scottish independence referendum this autumn and said the UK’s departure from the EU without a deal would be an “unmitigated disaster”.
Referring to a second Scottish independence referendum, Mr Russell added: “I don’t accept the premise that there won’t be a Section 30 order, I think that is something which is still a possibility.
“The outcome will have to be a choice that the people of Scotland will have to make between Brexit and another future. There’s no other future but independence in those circumstances.
“When we get to the stage that it’s Brexit or independence, people will have to be asked that question.
Gers report: Scotland running a deficit four times higher than rest of UK
Nicola Sturgeon has been urged to drop all plans for a second independence referendum after figures showed that Scotland was running a deficit four times the level of the UK as a whole.
Scotland’s fiscal deficit was 7.9 per cent of GDP in the last financial year. Despite an upturn in North Sea oil revenues, this is four times the 1.9 per cent recorded for Britain and is more than double the 3 per cent limit allowed by the European Union for independent member states.
Also, Scotland receives an annual subsidy from the rest of the UK under the Barnett Formula
So good luck with that.
Sturgeon talks shit.
- A Horrifying Drought Is Causing Widespread Crop Failures Throughout The United States And Europe
- China’s Warning ENTIRE Economy Will Collapse In 34 Days
- Ron Paul: “With each passing day, the Biden Administration drifts further & further from reality… The painful economic realities of government spending and Fed inflation are staring every American in the face.”
- CDC is quietly deleting misleading information from their website. The following statement was removed from their website between July 16th and July 22nd
- China ending paper trading in Precious Metals On MONDAY, could be HUGE
- An EU Satellite captures a terrifying picture of Western Europe, almost looks like the Sahara
- A man apprehends a thief who sucker punched an elderly customer and stole his wallet and phone.
- Tom Fitton: “I’ve reviewed the warrant material released in response to Judicial Watch court request. It is all a scam.”
- Disturbing Proof They’re Quietly Deleting the Internet
- People Are Going To Go Absolutely Insane When Food Prices Double Or Triple From Current Levels