Last 24 hrs:
* Best Buy
(Reuters) – German sportswear brand Puma said on Tuesday it will pause all paid advertising globally on Facebook and Instagram throughout July ..$FB
— Carl Quintanilla (@carlquintanilla) June 30, 2020
FACEBOOK Sees Growing Ad Boycott…
Ford Motor Co., F 1.69% Clorox Co. CLX 1.06% and Denny’s Corp. DENN 7.01% are joining a parade of companies that have moved to halt advertising spending on Facebook Inc., FB 2.11% citing how the social-media giant has handled speech on its platforms.
Ford said Monday it will suspend its national social-media advertising for 30 days, as it re-evaluates spending on sites. Restaurant chain Denny’s said it is pausing paid advertising on Facebook starting Wednesday.
Clorox—the company behind its namesake cleaning supplies, Kingsford charcoal and other consumer brands—said it is pausing global ad spending on Facebook and Instagram through December. The move is to act against hate speech, “which we believe will increase through the balance of the year,” the company said in a statement.
Civil-rights groups like the NAACP have been pushing advertisers to pull spending from Facebook to protest what they describe as a failure to halt hate speech and misinformation on its platform.
It isn’t immediately clear whether the boycott will take a meaningful toll on business at Facebook, which has the second-largest share of the U.S. digital ad market. Operating chief Sheryl Sandberg said in April that Facebook had 8 million advertisers on its main platform.
Washington (AFP) – The advertiser boycott of Facebook has morphed into a global digital activist campaign aimed at curbing hateful and toxic content on the social media giant. But its impact remains unclear.
The unprecedented move has been joined by major brands like Unilever, Starbucks, Levis and Coca-Cola, with nearly 200 firms pausing advertising on the world’s leading social network, and has wiped out billions in Facebook’s market value.
Some companies have signed on to the #StopHateForProfit campaign organized by social justice activists, while others have simply acted on their own to avoid the toxic atmosphere of Facebook.
Ford, for example said it would pause all social media advertising to “re-evaluate our presence on these platforms,” adding that “content that includes hate speech, violence and racial injustice on social platforms needs to be eradicated.”
Supervisor pushes to remove Zuckerberg’s name from Hospital
SAN FRANCISCO – Supervisor Matt Haney is pushing to remove the name of Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg from San Francisco General Hospital.
Haney posted a long Twitter message that questioned whether it was appropriate to keep Zuckerberg’s name on the hospital because of recent criticism of Facebook for failing to regulate hate speech.
The hospital was renamed after Zuckerberg and his wife, Dr. Priscilla Chan, who donated $75 million to the hospital’s foundation in 2015.
- Deutsche Bank Is On The Brink Of Collapse: Get Prepared For The Next Lehman Brothers Moment
- The Truth About the Uprising in Israel
- Hillary Clinton leaked emails reason to get rid of Gadaffi
- The recession is here, the market crash is next.
- Shocking Biden hot-mic reveals how handlers program his every move WATCH. Yes, this is 100% real.
- Forget the Global Collapse. Be Mad at Trump and Putin Instead.
- The Most Common Lie Used to Justify Third World Immigration Was That It Would “Improve” Western Economies
- Woman beats herself with hammer to frame boyfriend for abusing her and it worked until her friend released this footage…
- Trans terrorist kills Christian kids. Media:
- The ‘Trans Resistance Network’ has released a statement that Audrey Hale is the real victim in the Christian school shooting