by Mac Slavo of SHTFplan
Food is going to become a luxury if things do not turn around quickly. Farmers are struggling to make ends meet while producing food as diesel prices continue to climb.
This is an issue that is also being faced by the trucking industry from coast to coast as the average diesel price now stands at $5.77 per gallon. A year ago, it was only $3.21. Patrick De Haan, who heads the petroleum analysis of a tech company, Gas Buddy, said it almost seems like the little live indicator in their data ticks up every five minutes, according to a report by Natural News.
A Pennsylvania farmer, Kyle Kotzmoyer, said that he has a tractor hooked up to his corn planter, but with no diesel fuel, because he couldn’t afford any. The crushing reality is that record diesel fuel prices are pushing farmers like himself to the brink, and this could affect food availability. “We have reached that point where it is very close to being a sinking ship. We are teetering on the edge right now,” Kotzmoyer, who also serves as a legislative affairs specialist for the Pennsylvania Farm Bureau, said in front of state lawmakers.
Kotzmoyer also made it clear that food may not be as readily available because of the fuel price surge. Farmers these days may not be able to put food on the ground or they can’t get the food out because farms use diesel-operated machinery. Even if they can get it out of the ground, it’ll be much more labor-intensive and cause the prices of food to rise even more.
Craig Moss, a farmer in Hull, Iowa, said: “We had some farm diesel delivered yesterday, and it cost us $4.85 or $4.89 a gallon delivered. Two years ago, we bought fuel for just over $1.”
We are staring down the barrel of a real famine and nothing looks like it’s easing up at all, in fact, everything that can go wrong continues to while people struggle to put food on the table. Not only is that a concern in and of itself, but as prices continue to rise, farmers may have to make the tough calls of not growing anything or raising prices to cover their costs. Either way, none of this is looking good.
- WTF, Who Is Running Our Country?
- DOJ Just Straight Dropping The Mask
- Left calls for war in all rural areas says cops cant do nothing
- Top Biden energy advisor thinks it’s all very f*cking funny.
- It’s going to be a very cold summer for realtors, loan officers, movers, appraisers, contractors…
- They’ll come for your cars soon.
- You Will Never See This on the News
- COMMIEFORNIA: These Prices Are Insane!
- The FBI is So Out of Control They are Now Interrogating Low Level GOP Hacks
- Monkeypox Rising, Officials Ramp Up Testing, WHO Does Emergency Meeting