Santiago Alvarez, whose apartments are spread across eight southern Florida buildings, announced last week that his employees and new tenants must show proof of vaccination by August 15 at the latest. Current tenants of his buildings, concentrated in Miami-Dade and Broward Counties, must be vaccinated before attempting to renew their leases, he added, insisting that as a private property owner he is “just trying to keep people safe and healthy,” all lost profits aside. He claims to have lost between 12 and 15 employees to Covid-19, which he himself survived earlier this year.
However, Florida Governor Ron DeSantis’ sweeping ban on vaccination passports, which took effect on Thursday, renders Alvarez’s demands illegal, according to the governor’s press secretary Christina Pushaw. Not only can a “business owner…not require vaccine passports as a condition of entry,” but jobs and housing should not be threatened over a “personal medical decision,” she told Breitbart on the day the law took effect, criticizing the “unscientific and overreaching vaccine mandates” being forced on Americans by the White House and by local authorities.
“As a side note, it is ironic how the Left is all for the CDC’s unconstitutional eviction moratorium, but they apparently have no problem with a landlord threatening to evict lawful paying tenants over vaccination status,” Pushaw concluded, referring to the ban on evictions that has put small landlords in a bind for the past year as they have been rendered unable to evict deadbeat tenants and find renters willing to pay.
- Stanford business study shows bank values are actually $2trillion lower than book value
- Fifty More US Banks on the Verge of Failing
- Putin Announces Agreement for the Yuan to Become the New Global Reserve Currency
- Incredibly Good Article in The Economist About the Banking Crisis
- Are They Actually Trying To Crash The Economy On Purpose?
- UBS may bail out of the Credit Suisse deal, too many issues.
- UKRAINE WAR ENDING?
- To the moon! The interest payments of the US Government as old debt is rolled into new one.
- The UN Moves to Take Control of ALL Water
- Elon Musk responds to Biden’s bullshit nationalization of land in Texas