I thought this was a really good article by Forbes about Beyond Meat. Main points:
- La Croix was a cultural phenomenon a few years ago and its parent company’s stock FIZZ shot up 550%.
- Coke, Pepsi, etc. released their own competing sparkling water products.
- Today, FIZZ trades at 60% of its high in 2017, even though sales of sparkling water have increased 22% since 2017.
- Tyson, JBS, Nestle and other food companies are releasing their own plant-based meat products to compete with Beyond Meat.
- The larger companies can release their products cheaper. A Beyond Meat burger costs triple the cost of a regular burger. A Beyond Meat sausage is 70% more than regular sausage.