EVERLY HILLS, Calif. — Gary Gensler and his Democratic colleagues on the Securities and Exchange Commission will try to sell their long-awaited report on the “meme stock” trading frenzy as a clarion call for more regulation.
But if you remove the report’s propaganda, it shows that our markets work pretty well. Even better, small investors have never been protected more from abuse than they are today.
Of course, the Biden administration doesn’t want you to see the glass-half-full version of the trading madness that occurred earlier in the year. They want you to think something is wrong with the plumbing of the markets — and small investors need to be protected — since, for a few days, a handful of stocks soared to astronomical heights for no apparent reason other than people took joy in bidding them up.
Yes, the run-up in shares of GameStop, a has-been video-game retailer, or AMC Entertainment, a teetering movie-theater chain, was weird. Penny stocks trading like Amazon or Apple is a sign that the madness of crowds has taken over.
Don’t blame the markets or even Robinhood, the no-fee trading app that facilitated the frenzy. Blame the Fed.
- First Ever Americans Charged with Seditious Conspiracy
- The U.S. Economy Just Took A Very Dark Turn
- Marauding Bands Of Looters Are Stealing Billions Of Dollars Worth Of Merchandise As America Descends Into Lawlessness
- Check your 401(k)’s fine print! Because now Biden wants to raid YOURS to fund net zero and ‘diversity’.
- This is Why Stocks Are Holding Up… But Will Soon Crash
- EU Pres Says Ukraine Has Over 100,000 Soldiers Killed, EU MUST Steal $300 Billion Dollars of Russian Money in EU Banks!
- Tucker interviews Dr Malhotra …” A psychopathic entity has control over our lives”
- Project Veritas — HHS sponsors are pimping out teen girls…
- EU spends $450 million on metaverse party….five people show up
- Housing market crash is happening right now