It is now legal in Massachusetts for 16- and 17-year-olds to get an abortion without parental or judicial permission, after a veto override by the state legislature.
Republican Gov. Charlie Baker originally vetoed the law against the unborn on Dec. 24, saying that while he believes in general abortion access, he cannot in good conscience sanction minors consenting to abortion.
“I cannot support the sections of this proposal that expand the availability of later term abortions and permit minors age 16 and 17 to get an abortion without the consent of a parent or guardian,” Baker said in a letter to lawmakers, according to WBUR-FM
Unfortunately, the Democratic-majority Massachusetts House and Senate decided to override Baker’s veto and enact the law, known as the ROE Act, on Tuesday.
In addition to lowering the age of consent to an abortion, it will also allow abortion even 24 weeks after pregnancy in some cases, such as a fatal fetal anomaly or a physician recommendation, NPR reported.
- Fleet Of B-52s Recorded Flying Over Long Island Out To The Atlantic Ocean Toward Europe..Something’s Up…
- “You would have a far-Right government in every country in Europe”
- US Now Lone Suspect in Nord Stream Pipe Bombing
- The Food Supply is Contaminated With SPIKE PROTEINS
- Another domino is starting to fall…
- This is EXACTLY how they will take away the CASH. So easy it’s RIDICULOUS.
- Woman “forgives” her mothers killer, visits him in jail. Upon release woman gives him a job at the decease mothers house and is quickly killed too.
- Fact checkers are quick on damage control for Project Veritas video. He was literally talking about directed evolution of COVID-19. How in the hell is that not clear enough for you?
- Putin ‘plans new pre-emptive strike’: Russia will launch assault West by February 24
- Justin Trudeau is in meltdown mode. Canada Freedom Convoy back to celebrate their 1 year anniversary with a Protest Party.