by John Rubino of Dollar Collapse
Sometimes it helps to zoom out a bit.
For gold (at least when priced in US dollars), the past few years’ action has seemed boring, one might even say directionless. But move the starting date back and flip the graphical relationship between metal and currency, as 321Gold’s Stewart Thompson recently did, and the picture looks a lot more dramatic:
Since the US took the world off the last vestiges of the gold standard in 1971, the general trend for gold priced in dollars has been up (which on the above chart is represented as downward movement). Said another way, the dollar has been falling versus gold.
That’s not a secret, of course, but note how close gold is to its multidecade channel. Peircing $2,200 would do massive technical damage to the dollar and leave gold with a lot of room to run.
Prediction: This breakthrough happens on the day the Fed retracts its recent tapering talk and promises easy money forever. Early next year, in other words.
- Ellen Brown: The Looming Quadrillion Dollar Derivatives Tsunami
- Janet Yellen Just Poured Lighter Fluid On Every Small Bank In America
- The Great Financial Collapse of 2023. Comparison of Bear Stearns’ collapse in March 2008 and Credit Suisse in March 2023.
- Ron DeSantis unveils legislation to BAN Central Bank Digital Currency in Florida, protecting citizens from a grave threat to civil liberties…
- Never in history have we had all three issues happening at once…
- Clearwater Mayor abruptly resigns… Council members left in stunned silence
- Sperm has been almost entirely replaced by spike proteins
- People are crashing…
- Armstrong: WOKE Culture is Destroying the Economy & our Nation
- 2023: A Year When Everything Is Suddenly Breaking Loose All At Once