‘Google has placed an engineer on leave after he claimed an artificial intelligence chatbot had become sentient and was capable of human thinking and reasoning.
Blake Lemoine was suspended last week after he told the company he believed its Language Model for Dialogue Applications, or LaMDA, was a human with rights that may even have a soul. He was reportedly placed on leave for violating Google’s confidentiality policies.
Lemoine had been working on the system since last fall and described it as sentient with an ability to express thoughts and feelings equivalent to a human child.”
“May even have a soul”
h/t A Deplorable Neanderthal
- WTF, Who Is Running Our Country?
- Are They Calling For An Insurrection?
- NATO Will Do Nothing if Russia Invades Estonia
- The Destruction of Future Generations is on Full Speed
- Todays SCOTUS ruling was the biggest gift to the DNC.
- Summer Preview: Rolling Blackouts, Higher Gas Prices, Natural Gas Rationing In Europe And A Historic Diesel Crisis
- The Gun Control Bill Has Passed The Senate 65-33
- Teachers are now ARMED in New Mexico, When asked if students felt safer, ALL students raised their hands. Every. Single. One.
- Buying an Illegal Gun in New York City Has Always Been Easy
- You Will Never See This on the News