A number of Republican governors are doing damage control after they approved more refugee resettlement in their states, including Arkansas Gov. Asa Hutchinson, Tennessee Gov. Bill Lee, and Ohio Gov. Mike DeWine.
For Fiscal Year 2020, President Donald Trump will continue cutting refugee admissions by reducing former President Barack Obama’s refugee inflow by at least 80 percent. This reduction would mean a maximum of 18,000 refugees can be resettled in the U.S. between October 1, 2019, and September 30, 2020. This is merely a numerical limit and not a goal federal officials are supposed to reach.
Coupled with the refugee reduction, Trump signed an executive order that gives localities, counties, and states veto power over whether they want to resettle refugees in their communities.
To date, these Republican governors in 18 states have asked the Trump administration to continue resettling refugees in their states:
Mike DeWine of Ohio
Asa Hutchinson of Arkansas
Kim Reynolds of Iowa
Charlie Baker of Massachusetts
Gary Herbert of Utah
Doug Burgum of North Dakota
Chris Sununu of New Hampshire
Doug Ducey of Arizona
Eric Holcomb of Indiana
Bill Lee of Tennessee
Kevin Stitt of Oklahoma
Pete Ricketts of Nebraska
Kristi Noem of South Dakota
Jim Justice of West Virginia
Mike Parson of Missouri
Brad Little of Idaho
Larry Hogan of Maryland
Mike Dunleavy of Alaska
- America’s Future is Not So Bleak as You May Be Inclined to Believe
- The Great Currency Crisis of Our Lifetimes Is Starting Now
- From October 1, German streets will be patrolled by the military to prevent riots
- The Truth About the Criminal Sabotage of the Nordstream 1 and 2 Pipelines
- Fired up and blasting the NWO: Italy’s new Prime Minister Giorgia Meloni sums it up perfectly. No wonder the elites and establishment don’t want her to succeed.
- Drunk driving could soon be impossible thanks to new, mandated intrusive computer chips in cars
- The USDA Wants You To Register Your Garden
- A Major Country is Imploding…
- Alleged Neo-Nazi Kills 15 Including 11 Children in School Shooting
- Credit Crunch Has Arrived To The UK – No One Wants To Invest In A Collapsing Economy!