They got there in different ways, but Latin America’s two biggest economies have found themselves in a similar place two years into the pandemic: Back in recession t.co/FHlRcwSU6u
— Bloomberg Markets (@markets) January 31, 2022
— Liz Ann Sonders (@LizAnnSonders) January 31, 2022
Confirmed: the Fed hiking interest rates into a slowing economy will cause a recession t.co/OjyhbK8De1
— StockCats (@StockCats) January 31, 2022
— Invariant Perspective (@InvariantPersp1) January 31, 2022
*In 11 out of 12 credit tightening cycles via the Fed, it kick started recessions
That’s because the natural rate of interest has gotten so low + economy addicted to low rates that any increase greatly increases downside (neg black swans)
This trend will only continue IMO
— Adem Tumerkan (@RadicalAdem) January 31, 2022
Forget the month-to-month noise.
Focus on the 6-12 month trend in growth.
This month's NFP report won't change the growth-slowing trend.
— Eric Basmajian (@EPBResearch) January 31, 2022
The slowdown in economic growth was always going to come.
The combined fiscal and monetary injections were of such enormous size they pushed the economy far above its organic trend.
By so overdoing it they increased the natural reversion curve & associated risks.
— Sven Henrich (@NorthmanTrader) January 31, 2022
Seeing a wildly bullish study floating around showing points where AAII bears were at least 28% above bulls. That's fine. What's less fine is restricting the analysis to a bull market. Here's 2007-2009.
Yes, we got some compression last week, but easy now. pic.twitter.com/9Y5VqxxVxe
— John P. Hussman, Ph.D. (@hussmanjp) January 31, 2022
BEIJING (AP) — Manufacturing activity in the world’s second largest economy grew at a slower pace in January compared to the previous month, according to an official government measure, as the country’s strict “zero-tolerance” COVID-19 measures put a dampener on economic activity.
- WTF, Who Is Running Our Country?
- Are They Calling For An Insurrection?
- NATO Will Do Nothing if Russia Invades Estonia
- The Destruction of Future Generations is on Full Speed
- Todays SCOTUS ruling was the biggest gift to the DNC.
- Summer Preview: Rolling Blackouts, Higher Gas Prices, Natural Gas Rationing In Europe And A Historic Diesel Crisis
- The Gun Control Bill Has Passed The Senate 65-33
- Teachers are now ARMED in New Mexico, When asked if students felt safer, ALL students raised their hands. Every. Single. One.
- Buying an Illegal Gun in New York City Has Always Been Easy
- You Will Never See This on the News