“It’s hard to know where pandemic relief money went,” the PRAC bluntly admits in a precis of the report posted on its Pandemic Oversight website. “It’s even harder for us to tell you what it was used for,” reports the statutory oversight authority for $5 trillion in federal COVID relief spending. “Government award data is full of dead ends.”
Did you catch the description “statutory oversight authority”? This is not a volunteer organization with a political ax to grind.
Scroll past the video at the top of the source page. It has nothing to do with the article.
This week’s Golden Horseshoe goes to a broad sweep of federal agencies for a systemic lack of transparency that is hampering efforts to monitor many billions of dollars in COVID-19 relief spending, according to a report by the Pandemic Response Accountability Committee (PRAC).
The PRAC was established in 2020 by the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act to “promote transparency and conduct and support oversight” of more than $5 trillion in pandemic relief funds.
In a report released Wednesday, the watchdog details its difficulty in determining how funds are being spent due to federal agencies’ poor reporting on the government spending website, USAspending.gov.
“It’s hard to know where pandemic relief money went,” the PRAC bluntly admits in a precis of the report posted on its Pandemic Oversight website. “It’s even harder for us to tell you what it was used for. Government award data is full of dead ends.”
“We looked at 51,000 awards worth $347 billion that supported the pandemic response (as of June 15, 2021),” the watchdog reports in the summary entitled “Dead Ends in Pandemic Relief Award Data.”
“We found more than 15,400 awards worth $33 billion with meaningless descriptions that make it difficult to know how the money was used,” the PRAC reveals.
The watchdog found 12,600 awards totaling $11.6 billion which used descriptions that just repeated the program name. The Department of Housing and Urban Development was responsible for 9,900 of those vaguely defined awards, totaling approximately $8.8 billion.
there’s more … continue reading
- Israel Introduces A New Bill To Outlaw Teaching The Gospel of Jesus Christ and Imprison Violators
- Large investors tried to redeem, and Blackstone said “sorry, no”. There is no buyer. This is 2008 again.
- China will officially join Iran to arm Russia, “if Kyiv does not accept the Chinese peace plan”
- Sperm has been almost entirely replaced by spike proteins
- Clearwater Mayor abruptly resigns… Council members left in stunned silence
- Mexico begins to Confiscate and Seize American business in Mexico
- Welcome To Hyperinflation Hell! US Studies Ways To Guarantee All Bank Deposits If Crisis Grows
- Many Companies Are Already On Their Second Round Of Mass Layoffs
- SClENTISTS WARN WE ARE ENTERING A MAGNETIC EXCURSION AND SOON HUMANS WILL BE EXTINCT – DONT BLAME THE MESSENGER
- OPRAH STANDS TO LOSE $590 MILLION AFTER COLLAPSE OF SVB