Inflation keeps rising and wage earners continue to suffer.
Today’s inflation print shows headline CPI YoY at 5.4% and core CPI YoY are 4.5%, the highest since 1991.
The problem is that real average hourly earnings printed at -1.7% YoY.
0.9% June inflation x 12 months = 10.8% Run Rate Inflation.
If we look at REAL house prices (FHFA HPI Purchase Only YoY – Headline CPI YoY) and REAL US average hourly earnings YoY, we can see a real problem created by excessive Fed money printing and Federal government spending. It is the proverbial “Devil In Disguise.”
Then we have the CPI Owners Equivalent Rent of Residences YoY printing at 2.3%. This compares with home prices growing at 15.7% YoY.
For an alternative inflation measures and better measures of rent inflation, see the Penn State/ACY CPI Index.
Time to cut back on Fed monetary stimulus and/or Federal government spending?
- It’s Impossible to State How Bad Things Actually Are
- New Zealand’s PM calls for internet censorship, because people don’t believe in climate change and Covid lockdowns
- Worse Than Katrina? It Appears That We Just Witnessed The Most Costly Natural Disaster In U.S. History By A Wide Margin
- The British Government is Experimenting With Feeding African Kids Worms, Locusts, and Flies.
- Exactly One Week After Biden’s Fateful Decision, The U.S. Was Hit By One Of The Worst Natural Disasters In Our History
- All signs point to something huge to happen in next days!
- “If Only We Had More Somalis” Said No One Ever
- Something Big Coming? NATO Countries are Releasing Urgent Calls for Their Citizens to Leave Russia
- It’s Going to Take Some Very Cool Heads to Keep the Blinken Administration from Destroying the World
- The Anti-American Tone on German and Austrian Social Media has Escalated Dramatically