Ginsburg’s liver cancer — and recent repeat trips to the hospital due to bile duct infection — has Washington’s political class on tenterhooks, with her every medical procedure causing major hand-wringing, not to mention a variety of contingency plans.
Ginsburg was hospitalized yet again on Wednesday to “revise a bile duct stent,” as her doctors assured the public that such things were “common occurrences.”
Should the 87-year-old, who is currently undergoing chemotherapy, leave the bench, US President Donald Trump would move quickly to name a successor, with the Republican-led Senate likely to confirm the nomination in equally record speed as the November 3 election draws near.
This would cement a conservative majority on the court, which has final say on a number of the touchiest subjects dividing America — from abortion to fire arms, civil rights to the death penalty.
- Israel Introduces A New Bill To Outlaw Teaching The Gospel of Jesus Christ and Imprison Violators
- Large investors tried to redeem, and Blackstone said “sorry, no”. There is no buyer. This is 2008 again.
- China will officially join Iran to arm Russia, “if Kyiv does not accept the Chinese peace plan”
- Sperm has been almost entirely replaced by spike proteins
- Clearwater Mayor abruptly resigns… Council members left in stunned silence
- Mexico begins to Confiscate and Seize American business in Mexico
- Welcome To Hyperinflation Hell! US Studies Ways To Guarantee All Bank Deposits If Crisis Grows
- Many Companies Are Already On Their Second Round Of Mass Layoffs
- SClENTISTS WARN WE ARE ENTERING A MAGNETIC EXCURSION AND SOON HUMANS WILL BE EXTINCT – DONT BLAME THE MESSENGER
- OPRAH STANDS TO LOSE $590 MILLION AFTER COLLAPSE OF SVB