A New York Fed research paper said American consumers expect no relief from high prices in the near-term, believing the current bout of roaring inflation will keep percolating for the next twelve months before finally losing steam over a three-year horizon.
A new analysis from the New York Fed found that U.S. consumers polled about their future inflation expectations said they think prices will continue to trend higher over the coming year before falling and staying low.
“Respondents think the current high inflation environment will not fade over the next twelve months, but that it will taper off in the next three years and not persist beyond that,” the researchers wrote in a May 26 blog post that was co-authored by New York Fed President John Williams.
Williams and the research team said that medium-term inflation expectations, which have a time frame of three years, appear to have leveled off.
“While short-term inflation expectations have continued to trend upward, medium-term inflation expectations appear to have reached a plateau over the past few months, and longer-term inflation expectations have remained remarkably stable,” the researchers wrote.
This comes after the most recent New York Fed Survey of Consumer Expectations found that inflation expectations over a three-year horizon rose in April by 0.2 percentage points to 3.9 percent after several months of steady declines, sparking concerns among some analysts of a fresh inflationary uptrend.
- Dutch Government to Ban All Farming
- School board meeting: Superintendent slips up and says what he shouldn’t.
- Buyers are gone. Sellers are desperate. This is what start to a Housing Crash looks like.
- Why Are So Many Extremely Bizarre “Mystery Creatures” Starting To Appear All Over The Planet?
- 100-Year-Old Military Vet Becomes “I Should Have Sided with Hitler” Meme
- “THREE of the top FIVE issuers …have already defaulted on their dollar bonds” BUCKLE UP
- Dr. Jordan Peterson tears woke Twitter admins a new one…
- You know inflation is bad when even simps start cutting back
- Man goes into his BANK, wants to withdraw his OWN money,bank wants to know PRECISELY how he will be spending it
- Zelensky’s inner circle is buying up expensive real estate in Switzerland