Facebook wants you to join them on the Metaverse. The Metaverse is the company’s Next Big Thing, and where they see the internet going: an online world of total wraparound experience, a lot more like the Lawnmower Man version than what we have now. They released a statement this week earmarking some $50 million towards this Next Big Thing. But the money is not yet going to the coders.
For now, it goes to the likes of ‘Women In Immersive Tech‘, a company aiming to ‘support women and underrepresented groups working in the virtual, augmented and mixed reality sectors in Europe’. The University of Hong Kong has been asked for a study on ‘safety, ethics and responsible design’. At the same time the National University of Singapore will be given money for a study on ‘privacy and data use’.
- THAILAND DECLARES DEATH CON 3 ON PFIZER
- SOMETHING HUGE IS COMING
- Israel is forming a military coalition to attack Iran (USA and France are already in)
- Project Veritas was shut down for asking the right questions
- We Are About To See The Biggest Escalation Of The War In Ukraine So Far
- Elon Musk: “It is a serious concern -> The damage done to the credibility of AI by ChatGPT engineers building in political bias is irreparable
- New Zealand Reddit Users Can’t Figure Out Why They Keep Getting More Sick and For Longer: “this time the phlegm is so bad it’s difficult to breathe…
- Don’t Be Stupid – The U.S. Economy Actually LOST 2.5 Million Jobs Last Month
- We Just Witnessed An Economic Sign That Hasn’t Happened Since The Peak Of The Great Depression In 1932
- Rishi Sunak – ‘We want to rewire the entire global financial system for net zero’