As The Federal Reserve tries to fight inflation (it can’t thanks to Federal energy policies and bottlenecks), it is causing a disconnect between mortgage current coupon rate and the MBS index coupon. The disconnect is so bad that it is back to 1985 levels.
The Fed can certainly try to cool inflation, but Biden is intent on raising energy prices (leading to food price increases, and everything else) to shift us to electric cars. So, Biden is unlikely to back off.
So, The Fed is left trying to fight a war against inflation that only Biden can fight.
Meanwhile, the US mortgage market is getting pulverized
- Biden Tells NATO That the US Supreme Court is Destabilizing the World
- Rationing Has Already Started In Europe As The Entire Globe Plunges Into A Horrific Economic Nightmare
- Liz Cheney is gonna get smoked by this woman…
- Democrats don’t want to hear it, but this needed to happen…
- Are You Willing To Suffer Through A Recession For The Good Of “The Liberal World Order”?
- Black Privilege is Real in America
- A Quick Word on EVs and Oil Prices
- Zelensky Orders NATO to Pay $5 Billion a Month to Cover Costs of Pretending There’s a Chance to Win
- ‘Highly comical but sinister’ London LGBTQ+ flag display
- American Hypersonic Missile Test Fails Miserably