Sharing is Caring!
- Job growth continues to exceed expectations as shown by the ADP Private Employment report (Actual 227 | Expected 187)
- Cost of Employment is going up, a sign of wage growth
- The service sector is outpacing goods-producing sectors
- And despite a wage increase, teachers still lag behind the national growth trend
- The ISM Manufacturing Index will be reported today at 10:00 am – expect a slight slowing for the month of October
- Crude oil imports are at multi-year lows
- Profit margins continue to increase for S&P500 firms
- Amazon’s minimum-wage rise goes into effect today for 250,000 current workers and 100,000 seasonal ones.
- The World Bank’s “Doing Business” report, ranking countries on the ease of commerce, saw a rise for Brazil, Russia, India and especially China
- The pound rose on news that a Brexit deal would be reached by Nov. 21
- German retail sales seriously missed expectations (Actual -2.6% | Expected 1.0%)
- Chile’s manufacturing activity was a big let down (Actual -5.4% | Expected 1.8%)
- Stockpiles of gasoline have dwindled over the last few weeks
- The manufacturing Purchasing Managers Index shows the slightest improvement over last month
- A slowdown in housing sales has combined with a slowdown in retail sales