Sharing is Caring!
- The ISM Non-Manufacturing index reveals continued economic strength
- Jobs in professional services, health, and construction grew rapidly over the last 12 months
- New businesses are forming almost as fast as new jobs are being created
- Worry over new antitrust rules aimed at tech companies, coupled with worries over weak iPhone sales sent Applestock down
On the Ballot Today:
- San Francisco will vote on taxing big companies with HQ’s there to help combat homelessness.
- North Dakota, Missouri and Oklahoma will vote on loosening cannabis laws.
- Idaho, Nebraska, Utah and Montana will vote to expand medicaid.
- Washington will vote on a carbon tax
- Florida may restore voting rights to felons
- Berkshire Hathaway has held over $100bn in cash for 5 straight quarter
- Stocks exposed to the risk of higher wage costs eating into their profit margins have oddly outperformed
- The Turkish lira continues its recovery
- Household spending in Japan was much weaker than expected (Actual -4.5% | Expected -1.8%)
- A report commissioned by Facebook found the site had been used to incite violence in Myanmar and helped enable human-rights abuses
- Spotify said it would buy back $1bn of its shares over the next 29 months.
- Under Armour says it stopped executives from expensing visits to strip clubs in February
- Business activity is stalling
- though construction activity is strong