by Sven Carlin
There are expensive stocks in Chile, but also some that are fairly valued.
I would avoid investing in an ETF and chose my picks carefully.
The best opportunities might be in the utility sector.
Chilean stocks (ECH) peaked in 2011, bottomed in 2016, peaked again in 2018 and are currently close to bear territory. When I see such volatility, I like to look at the individual components of a corresponding index ETF to see whether there are some stocks that have fallen unjustifiably.
In the video I discuss 10 Chilean ADRs traded on the NYSE that will give you an overview of the investment opportunities in Chile.
Chilean stocks are expensive, perhaps even more expensive than stocks in most developed markets. However, there are some cheaper ways to get exposure that also offer dividend growth potential. Enjoy the video and please check with your broker what is the withholding tax on your potential investments in Chile.
Disclosure: I/we have no positions in any stocks mentioned, and no plans to initiate any positions within the next 72 hours.
I wrote this article myself, and it expresses my own opinions. I am not receiving compensation for it. I have no business relationship with any company whose stock is mentioned in this article.
- A Horrifying Drought Is Causing Widespread Crop Failures Throughout The United States And Europe
- China’s Warning ENTIRE Economy Will Collapse In 34 Days
- Ron Paul: “With each passing day, the Biden Administration drifts further & further from reality… The painful economic realities of government spending and Fed inflation are staring every American in the face.”
- CDC is quietly deleting misleading information from their website. The following statement was removed from their website between July 16th and July 22nd
- China ending paper trading in Precious Metals On MONDAY, could be HUGE
- An EU Satellite captures a terrifying picture of Western Europe, almost looks like the Sahara
- A man apprehends a thief who sucker punched an elderly customer and stole his wallet and phone.
- Tom Fitton: “I’ve reviewed the warrant material released in response to Judicial Watch court request. It is all a scam.”
- Disturbing Proof They’re Quietly Deleting the Internet
- People Are Going To Go Absolutely Insane When Food Prices Double Or Triple From Current Levels