by CHris Black
This is very obvious.
Free speech is dangerous for democracy.
Democracy is about , I don’t know, trannies, child grooming and gay anal.
Free speech is over rated, the peasants might get uppity .
The fact that they are now just openly associating freedom with dictatorship is both fun and hilarious – and very telling.
Ireland’s leftist president has decried the purchasing of social media companies by billionaires like Elon Musk as a “form of dictatorship” on a TV station owned by the Irish state.
Ireland’s President Michael D Higgins has once again barged into the conversation surrounding the takeover of Twitter by Elon Musk, saying that the ability of billionaires to buy social media giants and control how content is controlled on those platforms represents an “absurd form of dictatorship”.
President Higgins made the comments while on a televised talk show produced and aired by a TV station owned by the Irish state.
During the rather softball interview conducted by the state-funded broadcaster Raidió Teilifís Éireann (RTÉ), which covered topics ranging from the commemoration of the Irish Civil War to football, Higgins doubled down on his condemnation of wealthy individuals’ “concentrated ownership” of social media platforms, having previously condemned billionaire acquisitions as “dangerous narcissism“.
While refusing to say that he was discussing the Musk deal specifically, the Irish president said that the “understanding” once had with the likes of newspapers did not exist with social media.
“You had a kind of a code — an understanding — as to what is legitimate comment and so forth, and if that was breached how it could be handled,” he said in response to a question from host Ryan Tubridy.
- Biden Tells NATO That the US Supreme Court is Destabilizing the World
- Rationing Has Already Started In Europe As The Entire Globe Plunges Into A Horrific Economic Nightmare
- Liz Cheney is gonna get smoked by this woman…
- Democrats don’t want to hear it, but this needed to happen…
- Are You Willing To Suffer Through A Recession For The Good Of “The Liberal World Order”?
- Black Privilege is Real in America
- A Quick Word on EVs and Oil Prices
- Zelensky Orders NATO to Pay $5 Billion a Month to Cover Costs of Pretending There’s a Chance to Win
- ‘Highly comical but sinister’ London LGBTQ+ flag display
- American Hypersonic Missile Test Fails Miserably