- President Donald Trump tweeted Sunday that if the US allows all states to vote via mail-in ballots it’ll result in the ‘greatest rigged election in history’
- Trump has been ramping up his campaign against mail-in ballots for weeks now
- Last week he threatened to withhold federal aid from Michigan and Nevada after they started to expand mail voting opportunities to prevent spread of COVID-19
- His threat to Michigan comes as Gov. Gretchen Whitmer declared a state of emergency in parts of state due to severe flooding
- Trump claimed that people would steal ballots from mailboxes, print forgeries and ‘force’ voters to sign the compromised ballots
- He accused politicians supporting mail-in ballots of using the coronavirus pandemic to peddle a voting scam
President Donald Trump has doubled down in his attacks against mail-in voting for this year’s presidential election claiming it will lead to the ‘greatest rigged election in history’ and its supporters are using the coronavirus to create a voting scam.
Trump is ramping up his campaign against the integrity of mail-in ballots as states including Michigan and Nevada opt to have constituents send in their votes to decrease public exposure to coronavirus.
‘The United States cannot have all Mail In Ballots. It will be the greatest Rigged Election in history. People grab them from mailboxes, print thousands of forgeries and “force” people to sign. Also, forge names,’ he tweeted Sunday afternoon.
‘Some absentee OK, when necessary. Trying to use Covid for this Scam!’ he added.