Los Angeles City Council, exactly a week before an upcoming election, approved the drafting of a measure to ban homeless encampments within 500 feet of schools and daycare centers citywide.
The proposal, spearheaded by Council President Nury Martinez, passed along a 13-2 vote as many council incumbents face competitive races with homelessness and public safety at the forefront.
The vote was held after councilmembers listened to parents and teachers at Virgil Middle School and Alberto M. Carvalho, superintendent of the Los Angeles Unified School District, who attended the meeting in person. Carvalho and others described how children are bearing witness to naked people lining sidewalks often using drugs and shouting profanities within earshot of nearby schoolyards.
- WTF, Who Is Running Our Country?
- DOJ Just Straight Dropping The Mask
- Left calls for war in all rural areas says cops cant do nothing
- Top Biden energy advisor thinks it’s all very f*cking funny.
- It’s going to be a very cold summer for realtors, loan officers, movers, appraisers, contractors…
- They’ll come for your cars soon.
- You Will Never See This on the News
- COMMIEFORNIA: These Prices Are Insane!
- The FBI is So Out of Control They are Now Interrogating Low Level GOP Hacks
- Monkeypox Rising, Officials Ramp Up Testing, WHO Does Emergency Meeting