Tom welcomes a new guest to Palisade, Jeff Clark, who is Senior Precious Metals Analyst of GoldSilver.com.
Jeff discusses what led him to become interested in mining and metals. He worked and learned from Louis James and Doug Casey and now works with Mike Maloney.
Jeff cautions that investors should be skeptical of mining companies’ claims because they will always place their best foot forward.
Both Jeff and Mike believe there will be a wealth transfer from fiat-backed assets to precious metals. This will overshoot, and that will be the time to pull profits and purchase other discounted assets.
We could see triple-digit silver since it’s a small market and quite volatile. It doesn’t take a lot of cash inflows to impact the price. Silver today is valued at $68 billion in above-ground physical metal in coins and bars. Compared to the global markets, silver is just a drop in a swimming pool.
Jeff discusses the silver mining situation today and the increasingly severe lack of new growth in the industry. Investors should consider that it usually takes ten years to bring a new mine online.
He feels the risk of confiscation is lower today than in the past because gold and silver are no longer part of the monetary base, but it remains a possibility.
- Inter-Bank Lending Has Stopped And We’re On The Verge Of A Crash
- Stanford business study shows bank values are actually $2trillion lower than book value
- The UN Moves to Take Control of ALL Water
- AZ overturns election judgement to verify signatures
- France On Fire: Firefighters Joining The Protests… Trash Collection Workers In Paris Have Been On Strike For 17 Days
- Fifty More US Banks on the Verge of Failing
- Incredibly Good Article in The Economist About the Banking Crisis
- Putin Announces Agreement for the Yuan to Become the New Global Reserve Currency
- Knock knock. You’re next… Deutsche Bank
- I am surprised a Japanese magazine would allow this to run, but it is correct…