Upcoming public comments from the Fed’s James Bullard and Jerome Powell are crucial market events, CNBC’s Jim Cramer said Friday.
Nike and FedEx also will offer key insight when they report earnings next week, the “Mad Money” host said.
CNBC’s Jim Cramer on Friday looked ahead to next week’s key market events, which include public remarks from multiple Federal Reserve officials and earnings reports from Nike and FedEx.
The “Mad Money” host’s lookahead came after another down day for Wall Street, with the Dow Jones Industrial Average dropping 533 points Friday to finish up its worst week since October.
“The Fed is in warning mode, and warning mode … can be brutal,” Cramer said, adding that history also shows late June is a tough time for stocks in general. “The bad news is that the sell-off probably isn’t done,” he said.
Revenue and earnings-per-share projections are based on FactSet estimates:
Monday: Bullard speaks
Investors will be paying close attention to what St. Louis Fed President James Bullard has to say Monday, Cramer said. That’s because the central bank official’s interest rate comments Friday morning on CNBC weighed on market sentiment.
“If he doesn’t drop the 2022 rate hike talk, I expect the averages to keep getting hit,” Cramer said, explaining that money would likely then keep “flowing into the high-growth stocks by midday, perhaps late day, that thrive in a slowing economy — Adobe, Nvidia, a couple others I’m going to mention — and then flow out of the construction, farm equipment, aerospace, oil plays, industrials.”
- Michael Burry Scatter Chart of the Coming Bank Failures
- We Are in the Eye of the Hurricane – What Happens Next?
- Here is a detailed list of privacy oriented Search Engines I’ve found that won’t leave information conveniently under the rug
- WSJ: Two Hundred Banks At Risk Of Bankruptcy
- Scientists sound the alarm as plastic waste forms rocks off coast of Brazil
- Cop car decides its had enough. Just runs over a bunch of people standing in its way…
- If Trump Is Arrested Next Week, He Will Win Re-Election in a Landslide
- 6th-grader is sentenced to 1-day-hard-labor for refusing to listen to CNN’s lies and propaganda.
- Stand Up Comedy Clip “Chinese Spy Balloon” by comedian Jim Breuer
- OPRAH STANDS TO LOSE $590 MILLION AFTER COLLAPSE OF SVB