During this in depth 40+ minute interview, Jason asks Jim questions about:
1) As someone who has professionally managed money for decades, do you find that the performance of general stock market index funds and ETFs from passive investing are making it harder to manage money now?
2) A few weeks ago you did an entire segment on your excellent Financial Sense Newshour show (See: The Bond Market: On the Precipice) warning people about taking on too much risk in bonds funds to try to get more income. Is this a bubble in your opinion? What type of risk are these bond funds taking to offer retail investors a 5% or 6% guaranteed return?
3) Are you shocked that central banks have managed to create at least $21 trillion in liquidity and balance sheet expansion since 2008 and that there hasn’t been another global financial crisis?
4) What do you think are the most important things in markets that investors should pay attention to for the rest of 2018? (Fed balance sheet reduction, interest rate hikes, US Dollar Index rally, oil prices, etc).
5) Are we at a high enough oil price to hurt the global economy or for a lot more oil supply to start coming online?
6) What’s your views on this everything bubble? Is there any asset classes or stock sector that you think are not drastically overvalued right now and might be a good time to buy?
Don’t miss Jim’s superb insights! He thinks that, based on his extensive research that Spanish banks are in even worse shape than Italan banks! (UH OH!) and that emerging markets are already starting to crack given this 2+ month US Dollar Index rally.
Jim has been accumulating more positions in commodities including agriculture, oil and energy stocks and also junior gold mining stocks. Please visit the Wall St for Main St website here: www.wallstformainst.com/ Follow Jason Burack on Twitter @JasonEBurack Follow Wall St for Main St on Twitter @WallStforMainSt