New weekly unemployment claims spiked far more than expected last week to reach a five-month high, as the coronavirus pandemic and stay-in-place orders weighed heavily on the labor market.
The U.S. Department of Labor released its weekly report on new jobless claims Thursday morning at 8:30 a.m. ET. Here were the main results in the report, compared to consensus estimates compiled by Bloomberg:
Initial jobless claims, week ended Jan. 9: 965,000 vs. 789,000 expected and a revised 784,000 during the prior week
Continuing claims, week ended Jan. 2: 5.271 million vs. 5.000 million expected and 5.072 million during the prior week
- Fleet Of B-52s Recorded Flying Over Long Island Out To The Atlantic Ocean Toward Europe..Something’s Up…
- “You would have a far-Right government in every country in Europe”
- US Now Lone Suspect in Nord Stream Pipe Bombing
- The Food Supply is Contaminated With SPIKE PROTEINS
- Another domino is starting to fall…
- This is EXACTLY how they will take away the CASH. So easy it’s RIDICULOUS.
- Woman “forgives” her mothers killer, visits him in jail. Upon release woman gives him a job at the decease mothers house and is quickly killed too.
- Fact checkers are quick on damage control for Project Veritas video. He was literally talking about directed evolution of COVID-19. How in the hell is that not clear enough for you?
- Putin ‘plans new pre-emptive strike’: Russia will launch assault West by February 24
- Justin Trudeau is in meltdown mode. Canada Freedom Convoy back to celebrate their 1 year anniversary with a Protest Party.