Why does the White House get to decide what you can and can’t say online? How did they become the arbiters of what is and isn’t “misinformation”? Would Democrats have been okay with the Trump administration announcing they were actively bouncing people from Facebook?
Less than 18 months ago, it was considered “misinformation” to speculate that COVID-19 is contagious. For a while, it was “misinformation” to tell people to wear masks. Then, suddenly, it was “misinformation” to tell people not to wear masks.
If the experts can’t get the information right in the first place, I don’t trust them to know what constitutes “misinformation.” They’ve been very publicly wrong about a lot of stuff ever since this pandemic started, and I don’t give them the benefit of the doubt anymore.
And now the government is publicly announcing efforts to squash any dissent. Once again, the people who can’t shut up about “fascism” are the ones using fascist tactics.
I’m not an anti-vaxxer. I’m vaccinated, and in the unlikely event that you want my advice, you should get vaccinated too.
And, also, in addition to that, I believe in free speech. If you don’t want to get vaccinated, you should be able to say so. I’ll tell you that you’re making a mistake, or more likely I’ll just ignore you, but I won’t stand with anybody who tries to silence you. That’s un-American.
In this country, you have the right to be wrong.
Related: “Twitter and Facebook blocked the New York Post for true and accurate reporting a story on the President’s son. That’s where this argument should start. Not anti-vaxx posts or videos. The argument starts with these platforms blocking a story the Biden campaign and several other journalists falsely claimed was ‘misinformation.’”
h/t Ed Driscoll
- It’s Impossible to State How Bad Things Actually Are
- New Zealand’s PM calls for internet censorship, because people don’t believe in climate change and Covid lockdowns
- Worse Than Katrina? It Appears That We Just Witnessed The Most Costly Natural Disaster In U.S. History By A Wide Margin
- The British Government is Experimenting With Feeding African Kids Worms, Locusts, and Flies.
- Exactly One Week After Biden’s Fateful Decision, The U.S. Was Hit By One Of The Worst Natural Disasters In Our History
- All signs point to something huge to happen in next days!
- “If Only We Had More Somalis” Said No One Ever
- Something Big Coming? NATO Countries are Releasing Urgent Calls for Their Citizens to Leave Russia
- It’s Going to Take Some Very Cool Heads to Keep the Blinken Administration from Destroying the World
- The Anti-American Tone on German and Austrian Social Media has Escalated Dramatically