A member of China’s Olympics organizing committee warned that foreign athletes may face punishment for speech that violates Chinese law at the 2022 Winter Games, spotlighting concerns about the country’s restrictions on political expression.
“Any expression that is in line with the Olympic spirit I’m sure will be protected,” Yang Shu, deputy director general of international relations for the Beijing Organizing Committee, said in a news conference Tuesday. “Any behavior or speech that is against the Olympic spirit, especially against the Chinese laws and regulations, are also subject to certain punishment.”
In broad strokes, China’s stance falls in line with the International Olympic Committee’s (IOC) established rule against political protest at the Games. The IOC also announced before last year’s Summer Games in Tokyo that athletes who staged protests there would be punished, ignoring U.S. calls to allow respectful protest for human rights issues.
China has warned foreign athletes they may face punishment for speech that is “against the Olympic spirit” following a similar warning from human rights activists who worry about public freedoms during the games. . .
“Any behavior or speech that is against the Olympic spirit, especially against Chinese laws and regulations, are also subject to certain punishment,”
- DIESELGEDDON – America’s diesel supply on verge of catastrophic collapse, leading to HALTING of food, fertilizer, coal and energy
- Bidenflation Still Soaring, But Metals Dive -15% Since May 4th (Food UP 61.5% Under Biden, Gasoline UP 86%, Diesel UP 111%, Rents UP 16%)
- A Bizarre Skin Disease Is Mysteriously Spreading In The UK
- Now We Are Being Told To Expect Food And Diesel Shortages For The Foreseeable Future
- The NOPEC Bill Could Send Oil Prices To $300…HERE WE GO!
- The Everything Bubble Has Officially Burst… The Time to Prepare is NOW!
- Sudden rise of unvaccinated children with liver damage, were breastfed (by fully vaccinated mothers)
- Crypto losses now equal $1.7 trillion. The 2007 subprime mortgage market was $1.3 trillion. It’s highly likely that Crypto will be the catalyst for accelerated global collapse.
- Statement from the Ukrainian 1st battalion of 1st company of 115th Brigade
- Kim Dotcom – What is the end game?