Trump also made several serious points. Above all, he drew a sharp contrast between what he stood for—ordered liberty underwritten by the rule of law—and what the Democrats stand for: defunding the police, the destruction of our heritage, and the divisive triumph of identity politics and economic immiseration.
“The unhinged left wing mob is trying to vandalize our history,” Trump said,
“desecrate our monuments, . . . tear down our statues and punish, cancel, and persecute anyone who does not conform to their demands for absolute and total control. We’re not conforming, that’s why we’re here, actually. This cruel campaign of censorship and exclusion violates everything we hold dear as Americans. They want to demolish our heritage so they can impose their new oppressive regime in its place. They want to defund and dissolve our police departments, think of that.”
Yes, think of that, In Minneapolis this weekend, where the police department is in a state of semi-paralysis, at least twelve people were shot and at least one died.
Plus, just because I couldn’t resist: “The fake news said that the rally was sparsely attended. Compared to what? Local authorities estimated that there were about 7,000 people attending. When Joe Biden delivered what was billed as a major economic speech outside of Philadelphia a few days ago, he drew 20 people. Two-zero.”
A moral panic is sweeping the nation. How we react to the pitchfork hordes will determine the fate of our country for a generation or longer.
We call what the hordes do to our fellow citizens “cancel culture,” but the term is far too cute to capture the cruel, mindless and life-destroying process taking place all around us in the name of “fighting racism.”
The tendency has been with us for some time, but the current, extra-crazed moment has accelerated its malignant energies: Locked in for months due to COVID-19, we re-emerged into a society more enraged and at war with itself than ever before.
Then the killing of George Floyd in Minneapolis took the ideological madness to the next level. The great majority of Americans agreed that Floyd’s death was horrific and that the police officers responsible for it must be held to account. But that sane consensus wasn’t enough, as far as the cancel left was concerned: Enemies had to be found and eradicated.
It’s almost as if the enemies part is more important than the fighting-racism part.
This is surreal. I cannot find one prominent Democrat on twitter who has publicly denounced the violence that is spreading in the cities their party controls. Not Joe Biden. Not Chuck Schumer. Not Nancy Pelosi. Not Kamala Harris. None of them.
They OWN the mob.
— thebradfordfile™ (@thebradfordfile) June 22, 2020
- Bill Gates Developing Vaccine That Spreads ‘Like a Virus’ To Vaccinate People Without Consent
- The World Is Collapsing Around Us And The Crowd Is No Longer Hedged
- Social Security payments: Millions of SSI recipients to get two checks worth up to $1,652 next month
- Democrats just screwed the whole country…
- Pennsylvania’s Unemployment Is Insolvent & Now Sending Notices To Claimants Who’ve Received Full Benefits To PAY IT ALL BACK.
- Now They Are Literally Bowing Down And Worshipping Baal Right In Front Of Our Eyes
- Insurance CEO, Todd Callender says the real pandemic is NOW.
- One Of The Most Tragic Things That I Have Read In A Long Time
- AOC..after only a few years on the squad..Net Worth 29 MILLION
- Recession is here and major liquidity squeeze on-going. US Treasuries expect a Fed pivot and either deep US recession or shortage of collateral. Neither look great for stock markets