Keystone XL Pipeline Developer Wants $15 Billion in Damages From the U.S.

Sharing is Caring!

Energy company TC Energy has said it’s seeking $15 billion in damages from the United States government over President Joe Biden’s decision to cancel the Keystone XL pipeline project.

In a statement on July 2, the Canada-based company said it had filed a notice of intent with the State Department to begin a legacy North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) claim under the U.S.–Mexico–Canada Agreement.

See also  Unprecedented: NHS England £3.2 Billion tender for blood clot treatment… was 200 million a year.

The company said it aims to “recover economic damages resulting from the revocation of the Keystone XL Project’s Presidential Permit,” adding that it suffered a loss of more than $15 billion “as a result of the U.S. Government’s breach of its NAFTA obligations.”

See also  Tapering Soon? Fed's Balance Sheet Up $104 Billion In The Last Week, Record Debt Sales Last 4 Months

The State Department didn’t respond to a request for comment by press time.

Biden signed an executive order on his first day in office that halted the Keystone Pipeline project, saying the move was part of his administration’s larger agenda to tackle a projected climate crisis.

www.theepochtimes.com/keystone-xl-pipeline-developer-seeks-15-billion-in-damages-from-us_3886679.html?utm_source=partner&utm_campaign=BonginoReport

505 views

Leave a Comment

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.